This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL400 first hand in A9s posting on CO.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Party Poker $400.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $618.70
      UTG+2: $404.00
      MP1: $636.33
      MP2: $429.15
      Hero (CO): $80.00
      BTN: $672.14
      SB: $396.00
      BB: $82.60
      UTG: $307.01

Hero posts a big blind ($4.00)

Pre Flop: ($10.00) Hero is CO with 9 :spade: A :spade:
      5 folds, Hero checks, BTN raises to $18, SB raises to $44, 2 folds, BTN calls $26

First hand, but i happen to know that SB is a loosish 40/10 kinda guy who is capable of making some incredibly loose plays. (the first 60 hands I had on him he was more like 60/30) However I'm unsure on his 3betting range so I fold. Maybe I should have pushed?

Edit; I just checked and SB actually tightened up way more than I thought! he's condensed himself into a 29/9 style. He must have switched gears and gone on scaredmoney.....

Anyways, thats besides the point. My question is, in this spot should I

A) Steal and call any 3bet from whoever may choose to 3bet me.

Or

B) Try what I actually attempted in this hand and to Check Back/ 3bet the Guy who raises for the extra dead money.
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      No One? It could be really hard to balance my range with option B) here If villains know me. I wouldn't really want to make this play with KK+ because resteals could be so easy for Blinds to make that i may lose some easy value out of my hand.

On the other hand maybe I don't need to balance my range so much as enough other shortstacks are capable of Limp/3betting CO with KK+ Thats nowhere near as common as the old UTG L/3bet though.

I think I should play this is Bet/Shoving. Keep it simple and balanced and way ahead of the ranges of a lot of restealers who see me opening a wider range of hands than normal.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I just steal this for value but it depends on resteal % of Villains to determine a shove

If you happen to know BTN/SB/BB is a happy deadmoney-hunter, check with a Toprange can be possible to 3bet him when he raises.

- Gerv
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      i wouldnt post in the CO, especially not when i dont know how to play from there ;)

its just a very uncomfortable spot, so why take it?