[NL2-NL10] NL400 first hand in A9s posting on CO.

• DaPhunk
      Party Poker $400.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $618.70
      UTG+2: $404.00
      MP1: $636.33
      MP2: $429.15
      Hero (CO): $80.00
      BTN: $672.14
      SB: $396.00
      BB: $82.60
      UTG: $307.01

Hero posts a big blind ($4.00)

Pre Flop: ($10.00) Hero is CO with 9 :spade: A :spade:
      5 folds, Hero checks, BTN raises to $18, SB raises to $44, 2 folds, BTN calls $26

First hand, but i happen to know that SB is a loosish 40/10 kinda guy who is capable of making some incredibly loose plays. (the first 60 hands I had on him he was more like 60/30) However I'm unsure on his 3betting range so I fold. Maybe I should have pushed?

Edit; I just checked and SB actually tightened up way more than I thought! he's condensed himself into a 29/9 style. He must have switched gears and gone on scaredmoney.....

Anyways, thats besides the point. My question is, in this spot should I

A) Steal and call any 3bet from whoever may choose to 3bet me.

B) Try what I actually attempted in this hand and to Check Back/ 3bet the Guy who raises for the extra dead money.
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      No One? It could be really hard to balance my range with option B) here If villains know me. I wouldn't really want to make this play with KK+ because resteals could be so easy for Blinds to make that i may lose some easy value out of my hand.

On the other hand maybe I don't need to balance my range so much as enough other shortstacks are capable of Limp/3betting CO with KK+ Thats nowhere near as common as the old UTG L/3bet though.

I think I should play this is Bet/Shoving. Keep it simple and balanced and way ahead of the ranges of a lot of restealers who see me opening a wider range of hands than normal.
    • Gerv
      I just steal this for value but it depends on resteal % of Villains to determine a shove

If you happen to know BTN/SB/BB is a happy deadmoney-hunter, check with a Toprange can be possible to 3bet him when he raises.

- Gerv
    • IngolPoker
      i wouldnt post in the CO, especially not when i dont know how to play from there ;)

its just a very uncomfortable spot, so why take it?