Conection to database server lost!

• Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      I have just downloaded poekrstrategy elephant and when i opent he application it loads and then says the first step is to create a new database, when i try to do so it says ths;

Conection to database server lost!

Failed to establish conection to '127.0.0.1'

Does anyone know how to solve this problem or indeed what the problem is? Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • D4NNYP
      D4NNYP
      Bronze
      I have the exact same problem.... Any ideas yet...
    • arkhman
      arkhman
      Bronze
      Yes really how to solve it!! I think that mine problem that I've entered password and activated it befor full download...all my attempts to reinstall it were faile the same problem!!(( Don't know what to do!
    • 6Wishmaster6
      6Wishmaster6
      Black
      make sure postgreSQL runs:

1) Windows Start Button => Programs => Postgre SQL 8.3 => start service

2) give elpehant correct name/pass for your postgre Installation.

If nothing helps, please try reinstalling postgre SQL through this manual:

Please delete PostgreSQL completly through this:

0) Deinstall PostgreSQl thought your normal windows deinstallation process

1) Download this file (DONT CLICK IT!)

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/download/content/elephant/pt2_elephant/Remove_PostgreSQL_Total.zip

2) Rightclick this file => edit with wordpad/editor

3) edit the field "postgres" with the user you choosed to create through your postgreSQL installation. NEVER EVER USE YOUR OWN ACCOUNT!
      it has to be the elelpehant/postgresql account.

4) Save the file, rightclick it, and run as admin. If this option is not shown, just double click it.

5) Postgre SQL is now completly removed.

Now try a fresh installation of postgreSQL, this error should not happen again.