[NL2-NL10] NL50: limp/call for set value

• maya1984
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6, 6.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, BU folds, SB raises to $1.5, BB folds, MP2 calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00.

Flop: ($6.50) 6, T, 4 (4 players)
      SB bets $3.00, MP2 calls $3.00, Hero raises to $11.5(All-In), CO folds, SB calls $8.50, MP2 calls $5.70.

Turn: ($38.20) 8 (3 players)

River: ($38.20) 4 (3 players)

Final Pot: $38.20.

since I'm new in NL50 all those villains are unknown.
      what do you think about limp/calling in this spot and on a general note?
  • 2 replies
    • Termi8r
      Hi maya1984,

It seems in this case it might have worked out for you, but...

In general I would only limp 66 after at least two limpers in front of me in late position like CO,BU and SB and I know that the players acting behind me is not that aggressive.

You limped after just one limper and had many opponents to act after you, often loose players open limp all kinds of hands and won't pay you off after you hit the flop so you implied odds against one guy in front is often not so great. Secondly there are still many players to act behind you and often you get raised. Calling is wrong then imo because of your stack you don't have the implied odds to justify the call.

In the long run would would have to fold many of these hands on the flop when you don't hit you set and when you do hit you won't always be paid off.

Good luck
    • Gerv
      Hi maya,

Fold preflop on MP3 -> You don't have a good position + you don't have the necessary odds to limp along.

As played, I can question your call but on the other side concerning your stack, I think it is marginal and requires solid stats on every active player

As played, easy squeeze-shove Postflop

- Gerv