[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AKs deep

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      First of all, my image is very LAGgy : 32/29/7 , raising almost every limper, being very agressive. And all this aggresion build me this stack.
      Opponent 28/26/4.7 over 104 hands. WTSD:19 . Looks like decent LAG. 4bet was 33 (2/6)
      If we were 100BB, i will definetelly push, but in deepstack play gets more complicated. Still a push ? 5-bet ? Folding looks too weak against this opponent and calling OOP makes very difficult to play.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($11.44)
      Hero (BB) ($40.39)
      UTG ($23.65)
      MP ($50.10)
      CO ($28.09)
      Button ($9.17)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
      1 fold, MP bets $0.75, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.60, MP raises to $8.90, Hero ???
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      His 3bet in position is huge, i don't really see a reason for him to make it 3.5x unless he really doesn't want you to call. Did he do that on purpose ? If he really is a good LAG then he knows he can spook you by threatening your entire stack 160bb deep with a 40bb 4bet, as most players at this level aren't comfortable playing deep stacked.

If you've really been pushing the table around then i don't really mind continuing with the hand, even 160bb deep.

Flatting oop is gonna be real tough to play given the stack sizes, you're gonna have $31 effective left for a $19 pot, instead of like $36 into $14 if he hadn't made a huge 4bet preflop. It has the advantage of keeping dominated hands in the pot if he's doing that light with Kx or Ax, but you're gonna be screwed on many board textures where neither a A nor a K hit.

The problem with shoving or 5betting is that people tend to react to extreme aggression preflop by increasing their 3bet/4bet bluff ranges rather than by expanding their 3bet/4bet value ranges. What i mean is i don't think he 4bets AQ, TT, JJ for value in this position, so basically whatever he's doing that with for value is AK,KK,AA (he might even flat AK in position with deep stacks) and the rest are bluffs. So it's gonna be really tough to get a call from a worse hands if you 5bet or shove, he would have to really think you're nuts. Meaning if you decide to stack off with this hand anyway, it might be best not to do it preflop unless he really has a lot more bluffs than QQ+ hands in this spot, which is kind of counter-intuitive.

Folding is indeed weak but this is never bad while you're still learning, better that than spew off 150bb more with no idea what to do in these situations.

All these metagame considerations are really tough to make decisions with when you're not at the table tho. Personally i don't think i'm folding AK here, that guy seems good enough to be bluffing.

If he's seen me 4bet/5bet bluff before i might make a small 5bet that might look like a very ballzy bluff and call it off.
      Shoving right there will get him to fold any bluff and only get a call from QQ+/AK most likely, which makes it easier to play but probably close to neutral EV.
      Another less common possibility is to flat his 4bet even oop and plan on c/shoving a lot of boards. This is dicey at these stakes, but might get you the money against Ax and Kx bluffs, and you're still stacking off bad/flipping against QQ+ most of the time (QQ might get away on Axy and Kxy boards), which doesn't change much from when you're shoving preflop.

Hope i said useful things and hopefully i'm not dead wrong. If something i said doesn't make sense please somebody tell me :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you don´t want to play for stacks I think better is just calling on the flop.
      With your image and history I´d be shoving over his 4-bet.
      He would often take that line as a bluff and most of the times he shouldn´t have that strong range
      And he might fold JJ, QQ, AK.
      So although I don´t like getting there all-in, as strong hand as your I think shoving is better than folding
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      I shoved, he called with QQ and i lost coinflip.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Bound to happen between too laggy players.