Stack
      Hero:
      $6.83
      BB:
      $9.50
      CO:
      $10.00

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , J:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0.50.
      3 folds, CO checks, BU folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 8:club: , 6:club: , J:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BB folds, CO calls $1.30.

Turn: ($4.10) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $8.20 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $12.80

I'm not sure there's any point in my 'tester' bet on the turn. Presumably I have to fold to the 3bet here?
  • 3 replies
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Hi Tim64,

CO seems rather loose but posting means a random hand and KJ a reasonable hand. So I would steal here betting maybe $1.5-$2 preflop to try and steal. I would not limp this hand with only one poster, because you are OOP and would not know where you stand on the flop.

If he calls then you could push the flop because your stack is so small. You will be mostly in front with the top pair and will be called by draws.

As played the turn is a very bad card and I would give up the hand. Any flush draw have you beat. If you think that you have the best hand then push all in before he puts you to the decision to call an all-in, because you won't see the showdown without being all in. From your min bet its obvious that you are scared about the flush.

Interesting hand, lets see what the judges say.

Gl!
      Termi8r
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      I prefer making an isolation raise or just fold pf rather then limp in this spot (BB looks tight enough to make an isolation raise work).
      Then if you get called you can ship it on the flop.
      As played: that 1BB bet is just screaming : "I'm weak, just raise me and I would fold". (which gives a weaker hand an oppritunty to bluff you out of the pot)
      I would sadly just C/F this nasty turn card.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maya1984
      I prefer making an isolation raise or just fold pf rather then limp in this spot (BB looks tight enough to make an isolation raise work).
      I agree

Just raise to $2-$2.25 and you don't have to rebuy manually ^^

As played, shove Turn as though YOU have the Flush in my opinion

Best regards,
      Gerv