cash game grinders

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      is it just me that thinks that there are way too many sss (or regulars in general who literally grind it out on 10 tables bss) players to make ring tables profitable if you are also ss'ing

way too many

what do you do about that?

edit: and before you say table selection, it doesnt improve the situation. what is the ratio between ss and bss and what makes an ideal table selection for you?

bear in mind, elephant doesnt work on my stupid laptop.
  • 16 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hello my friend,

I actually think that the proportion of larger stack players is a lot better on Full Tilt compared to many others, e.g. Party.

You are right of course, you just have to pick & choose a little more carefully. Again the good thing about Full Tilt is that there are loads of tables available.

My tip would be to uncheck the "show empty tables only" thingy and search on all tables, adding yourself to the waiting lists of appropriate tables. You will tend to find that the tables with an empty seat are more likely to be short-stack heavy.

I tend to stick to the recommended proportions stated in the strategy guides, but sometimes you have to be a little flexible due to players coming & going all the time.

Best regards,

Bart
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      table selection :D

I'm actually playing a little fullring now and can't complain about too many shortstacks , you do have some options

1. play shorthanded
      2. play in deep tables
      3. steal the crap out of SSSers

they all should work
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      what range would you steal with? im shortstacking atm

i have my own ideas but im only expanding.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      against a SSS player (those 6/6 7/7 nits) ATC , they're reraising or folding anyway so.....

if it's a thinking shortstack that is capable of restealing or if it's one of those calling station then it depends on the player.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      There definitely aren't too many shortstackers on full tilt. Have you seen the ipoker tables? FT is a dream.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      ive decided to change my approach now

get ready to admire my discipline

from playin nl50 i lost money and dropped limits to nl25. then lost a bit more through sss. i soon realized that it was not working for me for various reasons. mainly because i have never been comfortable with just shoving because i will generally be ahead

so i decided to change my whole approach. I am now BSS in NL10

first night of the new effort im 2BB up.

apart from the profit, which at the moment is not much, i am playing real poker, improving my skills and actually enjoying the game. plus, do you know how pleasing it is to fold with 29 on a 22JJA board and finding out that it was the correct laydown?

let's see how this works out.

as for iron man, i will settle with silver this month, which i have already achieved anyway.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      yeah u r right BSS is real poker. gl
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      To avoid shortstacks I sit at shorthanded tables, deep tables, or heads up tables. Of course you can't always avoid them due to partypoker's small table size, this shouldn't be a problem at full tilt though.

The only shortstacks I encounter at shorthanded tables are ones that follow no strategy, so it's fairly easy to rape them for their money.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      yeah u r right BSS is real poker. gl
      you are from ps.com?? lol

i remember you. i will meet you at nl25 when i move up again, we have gone toe to toe a few times havent we?

i got a shitload of notes haha!
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      yeah i am from pokerstrategy. i 16 table but i dont remember any particualr opponent. I am moving to NL50 soon and u r on NL10so could u tell me what u wrote about me?
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      wait. i reconsidered. how much are you willing to pay for them?

:P
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i am not paying anything, just curious.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      did i hear 1000 dollars?

sold.

i dont have as many as i thought actually, but what i noticed is that you do not fold to sss shoves. even when you are not ahead and i thought it is a possible leak from your part.

you also depend on hud a lot.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      yeah i know thats a leak, but so many "shortstakers" r not playin SSS so they oftem push light.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      so mate a couple of questions if i may

how long have you been playing? how did you end up building a bankroll sufficient enought to play 16 tables BSS at nl25?

thanks
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i have been playin for bout a year now (although i went on self exclusion for 6 months). I built my BR high enough by playing $12 turbo single SnG tournies. Check my blog for more info.