This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JQ nl200

• Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (SB) ($40)
      BB ($200)
      UTG ($337.15)
      UTG+1 ($81)
      MP1 ($40)
      MP2 ($42.80)
      CO ($408.15)
      Button ($40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with ,
      6 folds, Hero bets $5, BB calls $3

Flop: ($10) , , (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, BB calls $6

Turn: ($22) (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $14, Hero raises to $29 (All-In), BB calls $15

River: ($80) (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $80 | Rake: $3

19/6, 2.0 AF, wts 26, 1700 hands, fold bb to steal 47, 3bet vs steal 22, fold cbet flop 54, fold cbet turn 60.

I don't know if my steal was good idea against this guy, but my main concern about this hand is my bluff induction on a turn with 2 possible flushdraws on a board. What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      the steal is ok, because you've wanna play postflop against him and u've got an preflopedge with QJo against his callingrange.
      i don't like the bluffinduce, because a big part of his flopcallingrange will be FD's
      and you'll just get with betting the turn value from them.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      This guy loves his blindbattles and is obviously paranoid that people are stealing his blinds too much. Preflop here is my question;

We steal, he 3bets. Has his 3betting range expanded enough BB vs SB to push to the resteal? Knowing our own steal % in SB would be handy for this one.

Postflop here is my question;

How often does this guy float? With his tendancy to blindbattle he could be, especially as your a shorty, he will be semi-bluffing his FD's and SD's on turn so you don't actually need to bet yourself and the C/Raise is fine!

Otherwise I just bet turn.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Bet bigger preflop to like 3 or even 3.5bb - 2.5bb is an instant call from his side

Flop ok, Turn well played if you have decent floatstats on him

Imo double FD board is a must protect situation but if you are really sure he floats often in blindbattles, then c/R is cool

- Gerv