[NL20-NL50] NL50 AT vs squeeze

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Opponent is pokerstrategy coach in russian section. Stats 13/11 over 38 hands. He is 8-tabling. SB is 61/8/1.4 / WTSD: 25 over 36 hands
      Is there any chance that he is sueezing light here ? My stats against him is about 18/16.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($72.65)
      SB ($42.25)
      BB ($54.35)
      UTG ($56)
      MP ($51.10)
      Hero (CO) ($53.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10, A
      2 folds, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, SB calls $1.25, BB raises to $6.25, 2 folds

Total pot: $4.50 | Rake: $0
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Sure there is a chance, but AT is still not good even against his "light" squeezing range =) Also, you know one pretty important thing that might speak against him squeezing lightly - 8 tabling. I would definately fold AT here, it's not a strong hand and thinking about 4betting him is just spew.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Classic spot for a squeeze with a decent hand, BB vs CO+SB. Your CO range is very wide, 61/8 SB has nothing a huge amount of the time and will fold when you fold. Most people think it's dicey because of the fish in the middle, but really even if you fold and the fish calls, the BB gets to play heads-up in position in a huge pot against the fish, which is nice. I'm gonna assume given who he is that he can handle 8 tables while still being aware of all that.

You can't really do much about it with ATo tho, as you're certainly not going to flat with that hand in this spot. You're likely dominated if he happens to have a hand, and even if he doesn't and you flop an ace, he's gonna shutdown quickly when he sees you call his c-bet on a A-high flop if he has baby aces and TT-KK. You could call with the intention of floating the c-bet on certain boards but it's likely the fish will come along as well if you do, and it's gonna be a pain.

Folding is ok of course, we're not trying to win every pot.

If you 4bet it's gonna be a bluff with an A blocker, as you're always gonna get it in behind against BB when he shoves given your taggish stats. Maybe you'll flip with the fish if he can't get ride of something like 99 but most likely he's gonna fold, a 61/8 often called your raise with utter trash in that spot.

I'd probably fold most of the time without a better read on BB who seems rather tight overall, but i'll 4bet bluff small sometimes to keep him honest.
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Thank you tamairlarace. I thought a while considering most points you covered and folded. But if he was 4 tabling, i think i would have tried small 4-bet bluff.
      P.S. Why you aren't already a judge ? :)
      No offence to judges, but your posts are much more beneficial then most of judge's
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VytenisN
      P.S. Why you aren't already a judge ? :)
      No offence to judges, but your posts are much more beneficial then most of judge's
      Thank you. I believe it is much more beneficial for everyone involved to discuss various considerations about the hand and how they affect our decisions. Just getting the standard line as an answer makes you a better poker player, but knowing why you use that line really makes you good in the long run. Plus since i'm still learning myself, it's easier for people to critic my reasoning if i explain it in details, and i get to better my play through these critics.

As for the judge thing, i have no idea really. Got a mail a week ago about that from PS, basically answered that it was cool with me, no news since then. I don't mind tho, i'm still gonna give my opinion on SH hands that look interesting :)