Wizards run through the micro tabs on party poker

• Wizard101
      Wizard101
      Bronze
      Hi everybody

Just wanted a give a big shout out to the community and poker strategy coaches and contributors. You really have changed my philosophy and approach to poker, turning me into (so far) a consistent low stakes winner.

This blog is dedicated to my poker story and journey over the next few years as a personal poker development aid to encourage reflection and improve my overall game (all readers, your posts and insight would be most appreciated).

So heres my story, about 3 years back i started playing tournaments on full tilt and like so many others just did not have the strategic knowledge to win consistently. I was far to aggressive, had no understanding or even prior knowledge of BRM, often went in with any pair, AJ etc. As time grew by and a deficit in my bankroll continued to grow, i started to get frustrated. I mean don’t get me wrong, i was earning at the time and could easily cover the stakes I was playing at, but we all know that poker players play to win, with the exception of the drunk tards that play on the friday/saturday nights for fun.

Well after developing my skills a bit, some huge variance and few big wins in a couple of tournaments a year and a half down the line I was close to break even. However, after finishing my placement in 2008 (im currently a student) i thought it would be best to get away from the distraction of poker, sit down and hit the final year of uni hard.

It was towards the end of this final year that i discovered poker strategy. I read the bronze articles and it changed my understanding of the game (learning about SSS and BSS) were all new concepts to me. However, like many others I soon squandered my free starting capital on party poker. Now i decided to go back to the drawing board and start again implementing proper bankroll management strategy. The good news was that shortly after investing £35 of my own money, my silver status was awarded and with it, access to poker elephant. I would just like to say that poker elephant is an amazing software tool and really has been a decisive factor in making me profitable online. Over the last few weeks, I have been slowly grafting on the 5/10c tables on party poker using the SSS system and have grown my £35 into over £150, i average anywhere between 250-700 hands a day and providing there are no huge setbacks/ silly tilts make £15-20 a day, though there are the bad days, but these rarely involve huge losses, rather damage existing profit resulting in breakeven or minus a few dollars.

Anyway I withdrew £70 and am back to 80. I’m at the stage where I feel as though i am at a stage where I can try a higher limit perhaps the 0.10/0.25. I have been on the 0.25/0.50 and although have made a profit, do not feel entirely comfortable playing with around 10% of my bankroll on a single table. Any advice peps? Also any tips for SSS/BSS on this limit. Input would be greatly appreciated.

Wizard101
  • 2 replies
    • Wizard101
      Wizard101
      Bronze
      So due to a lack of money (hey I'm a student lol) I had to withdraw virtually all my bankroll, leaving just a measly 25 dollars to play the 10c/5c tables and grind out the last quarter of my bonus. Although this was achieved, at one point, bonus included I had £40....I tilted, ignored BRM and before I knew it was on £25.

Shortly after I decided the best thing to do was to withdraw it (based on my financial circumstances). However, after some reflection followed by going through the silver articles and some of the video tutorials I decided it was worth it to go again.....I had made a reasonable profit over the last few months and knew it could be done with graft and determination.

So less than a week back, I invested £15 and started from the beginning.... and over the last 4 days have been averaging £15-£20 profit a day, currently sitting on £80. I know I'm running hot am likely to suffer a downswing sooner or later, but with self analysis and improvement my aim is to maintain at least a £10 profit a day until I have a roll of $300....by that stage I feel I will have sufficient experience and feel comfortable enough to play at the 25c/50c tabs.

Anyhow, I intend to keep on grafting and hopefully in a couple months, I'll have got that $300!!
    • Wizard101
      Wizard101
      Bronze
      Well a couple days have past since my last blog and its been going well. I have just wrapped up for the night and currently I have grinded that £80 into just over £116 (something like $170). I realise its probably running hot, but I have a feeling my daily 'revision session' (looking over video tutorials and covering the remaining silver articles) is paying dividence, resulting in a higher average winrate over the last few days....(somewhere in between £14-£20). Atm I am over the moon with what I have achieved in the last week or so...from a measly £15 start up :) and am currently set to exceed my targets provided no serious downswings or tilting occurs.

I have therefore revised my original targets to the following:

To reach $300 by the end of August
      To read all the silver articles by the end of July
      To review any silver and bronze NL vids
      To attain Gold status by late September/early October

I will update those reading this with my progress over the coming days and weeks. Any advice is most welcome!!

Keep the grind strong guys...you are not alone