Recent hand - betting on the flop

• realtarragona
      Just wondering whether I was right to fold here or not on this hand. Thanks in advance.

I'm playing on NL $0.05/$0.10. Anyway...

Pre-flop I had Q :diamond: Q :heart:

I had a late position.

Everyone folded, I raised $0.40.

BB called.

The flop was 7 :heart: 5 :club: A :spade:

Now, here is where I'm not sure I played it right. I was concerned he may have had an A as he matched my earlier raise. So I only checked. He then raised by $0.70.

So I folded.

Was that right or should I have made a bet on the flop?

• 5 replies
    • ciRith
      I am no very good NL player (playing SSS atm ^^)

but I would make a contination bet of 1/2-2/3 pot size. and fold if he raises.

if he just calls its getting hard to play on the turn. maybe check/fold. don't know if I bet here again. but check/folding the flop seems to weak to me (he doesn't need to have an Ace)
    • realtarragona
      Yeah I thought it was too weak really.

• Stefan1000
      Moved to NL area.
    • veeRtje
      on that flop you can represent the Ace, because lots of times a preflop raiser has an ace. I make use of this effect by raising with low cards from late position sometimes and then represent the A or K when it hits. If you get raised or called though you should not put any more money in the pot.
    • Simen135
      Yes that's right. If you think he tries to represent the ace (without having it), you should call his bet on the flop and see what's happens there. Then you should make a bet of about half the size of the pot, and if he raises you, you should just fold.