This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Conti bet size

• nworb200
      nworb200
      Bronze
      I know I should have raised to $1.25 to start with but I'm just curious as to how to play the flop.

I didn't want to get called by a donk on the flop and then not know where I stand on the turn with a standard 0.5-0.67 pot raise.

However its also a lot to invest when I am potentially crushed.(It seems a great spot to slowplay for the villian)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:spade: , 8:club:
      UTG1 calls $0.25, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.35) 3:heart: , Q:diamond: , Q:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $4.00 (All-In), UTG1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and eights (8s 8c)

Hero wins with two pairs, queens and eights (8s 8c)
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I bet/call flop $1.25 or so flop given ur preflop play. Its pretty dry board.

If an A comes on turn you don't nescaserily have to turn your hand into a bluff by 2nd barreling. You can check and let him bluff you on river if he's loose enough to do that.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yeah, I also make a regular 2/3 potsize c-bet here and call if he re-raises. It's very unlikely that he's holding a Q, so you shouldn't be afraid of that.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey nworb200,

it's very unlikely for villain to limp/call 99+ UTG and also very unlikely he's holding a Q here. So, just bet 1.25-1.5$ and go broke if he check/raises. If he calls flop and checks turn I'm pushing all-in. Pushing flop is overbetting and should be avoided, specially on such dry board where's no need to protect.

Regards,
      burek2000