This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR, KQs SB

• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.15)
      BB ($9.10)
      UTG ($7)
      UTG+1 ($2.65)
      UTG+2 ($1.75)
      MP1 ($0.50)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($11.20)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, MP1 calls $0.10, check, fold, Hero calls $0.05, check,

FLOP ($0.60) 6:diamond: 7:diamond: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.50, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, CO folds,

TURN ($1.60) 6:diamond: 7:diamond: Q:club: 8:diamond:

check, UTG+1 bets $0.60, Hero folds,

UTG+1 is a fish with Vpip/PFR 91/12 however only over 16 hands. IMO against his stack I cant play bet/fold turn and that turn card is really ugly. How would you play here?
      I'm having hard times with those KQ hands in blinds when hit TPGK, usually I play bet/fold flop, but many times I get only fishy callers and then on turn don't know where I am being OOP.
  • 4 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Isolating preflop is one option. What is his WTSD value and fold to flop bet? If they're both high, then going broke with TPGK is fine with me.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Yer his stack really sucks in this hand, the standard line would be bet/fold the turn on this drawy board, however despite his stack i still think id bet around $1 and then give it up to a raise as you would be almost definatly beat, and then check the river in hope of a free showdown which also sucks as you are out of position.

I think folding top pair here is weak and you cant aford to give a free-card on this board.

Tough spot though.
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      rickydaprince,

Villains WtSD is 36 and fold to flop bet 0, but only 16 hands, makes this some sense? I mentioned some stats even with this small sample only because he has a tendency to be very loose.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d bet/call turn
      you still hold top pair with good kicker, so although board is drawy you might be still ahead and should bet for value against shortstack