[NL2-NL10] NL5 Deep SH: AK

• Computerized
      Computerized
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (0 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Preflop: with K, A
      Hero bets $0.20, 1 fold, (unknown) raises to $0.35 , Villain calls $0.33, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50 , 1 fold, Villain calls $1.15

Flop: ($3.45) 8, J, 9 (2 players, 9 all-in)
      Villain checks, Hero bets $2 , Villain calls $2

Turn: ($7.45) J (2 players, 12 all-in)
      Villain checks, Hero bets $6.57 (All-In), Villain calls $6.57 (All-In)

River: ($20.59) Q (2 players, 15 all-in)

Total pot: $20.59 | Rake: $1.37

Villain was a huge fish so I didn't give him credit for anything. I expected a fold on the turn. Let me just say his hand was very surprising...I'm not sure how I played this, though. I believe I was tilting a bit, so I played too aggressive here.
  • 5 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      This is, like you say, tilt play. Postflop is so poorly played against a fish. Wait for a better chance to stack him. This is a bad board to continue.
    • harryjj0
      harryjj0
      Bronze
      a fish will hold on to anything to the felt.

so you need something to felt him.

they cant find the fold button, so you should just check it down after c-bet unless you hit.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Im not even c-betting on this board, he has so often hit something or some kind of draw for a start, and as you say he is a fish and won't fold, even though your AK lucks nice ,your c-bet is really a bluff and you can't bluff someone who cant lay down hsi hand. Also, your c-bet will make the pot quite large again something you do not want to do with a worthless hand.
    • Computerized
      Computerized
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I knew it was a dumb move after I shoved. He showed K10 after, and hit his Queen on the river.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      After your cbet was called just check/fold. The flop hits his range often, you don't have FE against those fish. Like rickydaprince said just wait for a better chance to stack him with a made hand.