lost 280$ in 3k hands, tilt ?

• 18 replies
    • Hilikus09
      Hilikus09
      Bronze
      It may be hard to comment unless you provide more information, such as the stakes you're playing and usual BI. How many BI's do those $280 cover? Also do you think you have played differently on the last 3k hands?
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      yes you are right, sorry.

i analyse every session and i have not spotted a fundamental change in my play. except minor leaks i am allways trying to correct.

i play sss nl100 and i usually play 12 tables.

on nl100 my bb/100 is 1.36 (it has decreased drastically lately). It would probably usually be around 2.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      so its 14 BI's and now that i see it in that light i realise just how little it actually is. 14 bi's is nothing and could easily be down to just bad luck right ?
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      yeah it could be just bad luck, thats why we have BRM and sss is kinda high varience b/c u go allin alot
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      doesn't poker traker have ev line?? that would help to see if it just bad luck!!
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      i dont know what an ev line is
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      i dont know what an ev line is
      ?????????

google it... it will be worth it!! I use Holdem manager and it has a EV line! It basically says if you were suckedout when you all in (only good for NL). If you are running below expected value then it's bad luck, but if you are running within expected value it probably isn't!! This is just the basic Ev line, of course that there's more to that.
    • Hilikus09
      Hilikus09
      Bronze
      14 BI drop can be a normal variance situation. But it can be hard to keep a clear mind in the middle of a downswing session, at least for me specially when donk calls are involved. My last one was 26 BI in 2 sessions.. so yeah pretty much to improve and to analyse when I get the time.

Anyways, now I have set a self downswing restriction, so when I drop 5 BI's on a single session I'll stop the game completely for the day, or at least a few hours. Might also be good for you.

@VirtuaGod: Pokertracker doesn't have an EV line.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      i think it could be bad luck, tilt and maybe bad br management?

did you change something?
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      no i follow the right br management. remember the graph doesnt reflect my actual br because bonuses and promotions arent included. but i will have to move down limit soon if the downswing continues.

@virtuagod: so it is used for single hands or can it give a generel overview over several hands?
      does elephant also have this feature?

@Hilikus09: i do the same, when i am loosing much in a session and feel i am getting frustrated i take a break.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      only small changes as i said earlier. i am maybe stealing a bit less and i am trying to follow the advice i got in this thread:

evaluation of my play

to sum it up:

- check/fold more often when i dont hit the flop. unless the opponent has a high fold to cbet %
      - bet/fold when i have pp with an overcard on the board
      - squeeze more often
      - maybe also check/raise a bit more against aggressive players to make my game even less abc?

by the way, do you know: how many hand samples do i need to trust "fold bb to steal", and "fold to cbet" ?
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      @virtuagod: so it is used for single hands or can it give a generel overview over several hands?
      It is a graph. Google "ev line/graph for poker traker 3" or just use holdem manager trial to see how it is ;)

Don't think elephant has it either!!
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      nvm
    • sm112
      sm112
      Black
      14 buy-in downswing can happen, but is rare. However I have had a ~14 buy-in fall over 1000 hands once.

EV line is pointless imo.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thanks everybody and especially sm112 who has helped me a lot lately. it seems now that my luck is changing so i will keep you updated if this is not the case.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      update:

okay so i turned the downswing around for a short while but then i started to loose again.

and then the tilt came and i lost another 15 BI.

fortunately i manage to gain some selfcontrol and stop and cashout while i still had a large amount on my account and take a good long break.

now i have deposited a small amount of money again and i am going to build my way up from nl25.

so even though i tilted a bit i consider this a success story because i manage to pull the brakes and stop and think.

in the end i went from 620 euro to about 200 euro.

but imo i havent lost 420 euro. i have won 200.
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Hi raun,

I can identify with a lot that you are going through. Just keep on working on your game and keep on analyzing different situations. The main thing is to cut out any obvious mistakes as that will quickly distroy any winnings you make. Very often a bad mistake is followed by some bad luck and then the tilt monster makes his appearance...you play then more hands to make the money back and you just keep on losing...and then you -15BI and poker is not fun at all...

Always keep an eye on the funmeter, it is usually very good to stop if it goes into the red. ;)
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      @ Termi8r

thanks for the support mate. you are right in all your points.

i