Almost busto and almost cleared bonus - advice required

• brafal
      brafal
      Bronze
      I received the $50 bonus on partypoker and I was doing quite well clearing it till I reached a point of constant losing.

There were ups and downs on the road, but however I managed to reach 235 Party Points. However my bankroll is on $2.03 at the moment.

I was doing pretty well using the SSS and getting up to $115 at one moment. However since then my bankroll just kept going downwards. I was hoping for a turn of events like I had before, but I just couldn't do it. I find only myself to blame since I forgot to drop a level on the stakes when my bankroll droped.

Now since I'm very stubborn and I want to come back with 2 measly dollars I have left, I need advice from you experts on how to do it.

First of all, my idea is that instead of following the SSS and trying to take money from big stacks, I should seat on a table where there aren't many big stacks that can push me around.

Second, I should sit on 0.01/0.02 limits.

Third, I need a lot of luck.

Any advice is welcome guys and girls.

May I remind you that I have to clear the bonus until 5th August.
  • 10 replies
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      SSS is essentially taking the risk out of losing too much cash.. which exactly what u want to do at the moment, risk little but gain lots.

Big stacks obv. chance it more so by odds u shld definetly be playing against them, not other Short stacks as when u run into a bigger hand u risk losing ur BI.

although 0.01/0.02 is full of the fishiest fishes if u wanna do this right do it the SSS way, get in with the best and come out with the goods.

Agreed u dont have much leniancy to losses but if u want to rebuild then this is by far the best shot.

I guess that means in order to clear ur bonus u gonna have to play a lot of hands. If u use any other strategy u really are risking it a whole lot more with such a low BR. If u wanna risk just go to partybingo.

I hope for the best of luck for ya, big comeback here we come!!
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
      Hey

Have you spent any of your partypoints? If not you could go into the pointstore and buy the $5 cash for 200 points giving you a couple more BI's. I don't think this affects your bonus status either, hopefully a mod can answer this. :)

Goodluck!
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by Klee90
      Hey

Have you spent any of your partypoints? If not you could go into the pointstore and buy the $5 cash for 200 points giving you a couple more BI's. I don't think this affects your bonus status either, hopefully a mod can answer this. :)

Goodluck!
      this; cash in your points if you can

or gamboooool :f_love:
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello brafal,

Until you are back up to around ~10-15$ (at which point I would move to the lowest possible limit of FIXED limit full ring) you are pretty much gambling no matter what option you choose. Your best best is to follow the advice given here and to cash in your partypoints for money (if possible) as to give you a $5 boost.

Then try going for Fixed Limit FR since its quite low variance and you would have the most buy-ins for your given bankroll.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • brafal
      brafal
      Bronze
      Thanks for the support people!

Just as I thought, the most important factor here would be getting lucky on one table.

I will cash in the party points and hopefully they will count in my bonus.

However, this thread I wrote might complicate things?

I just want to make sure everything runs smooth if I make it.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello brafal,

Yes the bonus expires once your restricted balance drops to 0 - but as long as you didn't actually drop below 1$ in your account (so go totally broke) you can have the bonus re-activated by our support upon reaching 300 points.

Just follow the instructions given to you in the other thread :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • brafal
      brafal
      Bronze
      I just went to the store and I only see : $10 for 400points :(

how sad

should I beg them to give me $4.5 for 200. I think that is a offer they cant refuse :) I give them $0.50 for free
    • brafal
      brafal
      Bronze
      What is the rule on going busto on my first $50 bonus received from PokerStrat?

Do I get a second chance on another poker site?
    • StjepanVG
      StjepanVG
      Global
      I think not.

But there are sites that will give you free bankroll...

Unfortunately you cannot get PS points that way.....

PS. my plan is to clear that bonuses and then deposit on my original poker strategy poker room.....
    • brafal
      brafal
      Bronze
      One more question for you experts out there... Bare in mind i still havent touched the 2 bucks i got left.

Should I spend the last two dollars on:

- 1 table going with SSS strategy and waiting for the right cards, or
      - Playing two single table S'n'G with 1$ buyin

I used to play double or nothing sng's on pokerstars, and it was quite easy to be in the money. Dont know what is the situation on PartyPoker and if they have double or nothing sng's.