[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR KTs

• JuiceQuadre
      Known players:     

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:heart: , K:heart:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0,05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,25, BB folds, MP3 calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,55) 2:diamond: , J:diamond: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,30, MP3 calls $0,30.

Turn: ($1,15) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, MP3 calls $0,60.

River: ($2,35) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,70, MP3 calls $1,70.

Final Pot: $5,75

Im not sure why but i tried to isolate the limper preflop..
      Probably wasnt playin a hand for a long time so i wanted some action :/
      I regret this preflop move since Kts isnt that strong to be played out of position, im not usually doing this and i wont do that any more...
      Anyway.. I did cbet even though it could have been more..
      My question is about the turn.. now i had OESD and i didnt want to give up my hand.. i did bet.. but that bet just seems ridiculous =) i mean shall i check call here due to odds? Or shall i fire second time but bigger?
  • 2 replies
    • louc
      And again, you answered everything yourself :)

Remember playing OOP sucks. Playing OOP against unknown sucks even more. So get some reads :)

It's nothing wrong with isolating limper PF but it is way better if you know him and his tendencies. If you want to ISO PF than maybe start doing it when you're on BTN so you have position on limper post flop. But still you should know who you are up against.

You could cbet more like $0,4 (if you know that Villain is fit or fold type of player $0,3 cbet is enough and than you just shut down on blank turn) bet more on turn like $1,1 (again Villain dependent if Villain is calling station no need to bet here) and then just push river if you hit. The key is in knowing your Villain.
    • maya1984
      Preflop: If don't mind playing OOP with this hand then go ahead and raise it up. You should also take in mind what's his limp/calling range when you raise it up.

Flop: c-bet is standard here.

Turn:If he is passive you call check the turn cause he probably will check behind. If he is aggressive you can place a blocker bet (like you did) in order to see the river for cheap.

River: easy value bet with the nuts.