Hero ($10)
      UTG ($7.75)
      UTG+1 ($6.45)
      UTG+2 ($5.90)
      MP1 ($3.40)
      CO ($11.30)
      BTN ($9.35)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.70, fold, fold, CO calls $0.60, fold,

FLOP ($1.70) 2:diamond: 4:diamond: A:club:

Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20,

TURN ($4.10) 2:diamond: 4:diamond: A:club: T:heart:

Hero bets $2.20, CO raises to $4.40, Hero folds,

First hand at table, villain is unknown, only thing I see he plays with full stack and this gives a chance he might be somewhat solid. What to do after his turn minraise? IMO calling is out of question, maybe play for stacks?

However after 21 hands at table villain proved out to be a 43/14 with AF 1.3 and I saw him making strange plays and week SD's. So if you know this at that turn minraise, would you stack him here? Or this doesn't changes anything and cal flop/minraise turn means T3hnutz on NL10?
  • 4 replies
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      tough spot.

he either caught the deuces or he is way behind. what i do against these players is that i call the turn and then on the river i lead out again with a bet that is very small. maybe 1/4 of the pot. this seems to confuse people because they think i made something monsterous and they call behind. if you get raised more than 3 times your raise then fold it.
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      excelgeo,

Do you mean check/call turn or call his minraise? If I'm calling turn here IMO I can't fold river, especially when leading out as I would have 37 bb left. Thanks for your opinion.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      call the minraise and lead out on the river with a small bet. if he reraises again you are most definitely behind but usually they will call it down.

good point about the commitment but i dont want to fold it here and i would much rather see an as cheap a showdown as possible

i might be completely wrong, see what someone else says
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      b/f turn against unknown is fine play
      knowing that player could make some moves I think bet/shoving is better line there with tptk