Hero ($10)
      UTG+1 ($5.90)
      UTG+2 ($2.10)
      MP1 ($6.65)
      MP2 ($10)
      CO ($9.10)
      BTN ($9.70)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold,

FLOP ($0.95) 4:club: 8:heart: 5:spade:

Hero bets $0.60, BTN calls $0.60,

TURN ($2.15) 4:club: 8:heart: 5:spade: A:club:

Hero bets $1.20, BTN raises to $3.50, Hero folds,

How should I play turn? I'm felling that to many times my play with TP is bet/fold turn, and another thing- if I'm playing bet/fold how much should I bet, is a bit over 1/2 pot ok?
  • 4 replies
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      I would not fold this one on turn. He may think you had some PP on flop, and now just second barreling. Here he can do it with weaker aces easily.
      And potsizes: you bet about same amount whatever you want to do in given situation, if you want to bet/shove you bet 2/3 of pot, If you want to bet/fold, you bet also 2/3 of pot. If you change your potsize according to your intention, you come readable. And I would bet more on turn (2/3 - 3/4).
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      it wasnt an easy fold on the turn, let's think of his check raising hand:

could have slowplayed AK although very unlikely considering he doesnt enter many pots

could have flat called with 88

or AJ

could be on KQclubs?

that is all i can see him calling with.

i think these are situations when you have to literally take time and run the hand history, find a hand he won in and see how he acted. that is what i do anyway.

In my opinion he also had AQ, if you want to know course of action,

there can be arguments for folding it here or c/c to showdown. personally i would have gone with the latter. if you are feeling funky you could come over the top and if he shoves then you know you are beat. but you are not tom dwan and neither am I
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      nh wp
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      I don't expect this guy to c/c flop and c/r turn with worser hands then ours. he often will show you a set there. I also don't want to play for stacks with tpgk against him in this spot.
      b/f turn is fine. nice hand.