Constant disconnects when playing from os x

• RustyShackleford
      RustyShackleford
      Bronze
      Just got my 50 dollar bonus and started playing on party poker,
      but I keep on loosing my connection in the middle of hands etc all the time.
      I emailed their tech guys and they followed their instructions to empty the cache on my browser and make sure I have the newest version of java, but im still having problems its really frustrating. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions.

Im running os x 10.4.11 on an intel mac 2.16 ghz, Firefox 3.0.11 java J2SE 5.0
  • 3 replies
    • Rubbertoe84
      Rubbertoe84
      Bronze
      same problem here, started today, totally unplayable
    • ZippFig
      ZippFig
      Bronze
      Same thing here...only playing on the crappy pc now.
      Instant play is just too unstable to be profitable. If you play only one table it reconnects and you dont lose much but multitabling is impossible.
      Or it should be!! I lost 12$ while in the lead on 4 tables and the response from party poker support was that instant play doenst support multi-tabling.
      Well, my thinking here is thsat if it IS possible...it should worked without problems but hey...they are the ones in charge (of a very bad service).
    • RustyShackleford
      RustyShackleford
      Bronze
      I did a bit of reading, I think maybe the best solution for os x users for now is probably to either run windows through a virtual machine or boot camp and run the party poker software through that. I already tried runing the windows party poker software using a program called crossover with some success but it was still freezing a bit from time to time so im gonna try out a trial version of this windows emulator, i'll let everybody know how it goes.