[NL20-NL50] NL25SH - 77 OESD flop

• PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      Not much history with villian, but he seems to a semiscared halfdonkish player who know some very basic. Nothing more to add to him.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $45,29
      BU:
      $28,94

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:spade: , 7:heart:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0,85, Hero calls $0,75, BB folds.

Flop: ($1,95) 6:heart: , 5:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,50, Hero raises to $4,50, BU calls $3,00.

I tryed to represent a set here just in order to take down the pot on the flop.

Turn: ($10,95) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,00, BU calls $7,00.

Ding!
      I'm was pretty sure here he was sittig on a scared overpair here (TT-KK). C/R is out of question since it would be to obvious and if he really got what I thought he would probably check himself. In addition he board is drawheavy, so I bet.

River: ($24,95) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $24,95, BU calls $16,59 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $58,13

Please share other thoughts about this hand : )
  • 4 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      NH, WP. The only think really beating you is 79 and a backdoored flush, I'm guessing villian had neither?
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      nh
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      I have my doubts on the flop raise, as i don't expect to take down the pot on the flop very often. When a taggish player on the lower end of the aggression scale c-bets that flop, he often has at least an overpair or the flush draw, because that flop is very good for your SB calling range. Even more so if that player seems scared.

I still think it's good even he does call tho, to be able to take his stack if we improve and to be able to take him off an overpair if we bet multiple streets (providing we know he can fold those..).

As played, i don't see any reason to play the turn and the river any other way. Aww, would have been more interesting if the turn had blanked out.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d likely 3-bet pf, although call is also fine
      like your postflop play
      just bet river amount that is a little bigger than his stack- 17$.
      Imo it is a littlebit easier then him to press call button, since you didn´t go all-in on the river :)