This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH - AA vs riverpush

• PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $23,57
      BB:
      $5,04
      Hero:
      $33,94

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU folds, SB calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,00) 2:club: , 7:heart: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2,25, SB calls $2,25, BB folds.

Turn: ($7,50) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4,00, SB calls $4,00.

River: ($15,50) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $15,50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $15,50
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Given his stats I could very well see him floating the flop with naked broadways and hitting the Q on the turn, but i doubt he would pot the river like that with just Qx. Still, i would bet bigger on the turn, because we're ahead very often and if he just happened to have hit top pair on the turn he's never folding it. Make it $5,5 so you can shove the river easily.

As played, this line is also known as the "i was slowplaying on flop & turn to be tricky, but on the river i realized i had to bet because the pot was way too small for my set :( (" line from passive fishes with no raise button.

Either that or he's bluffing a missed draw. The only real draws that missed would be 54 and 98, he might call those preflop if they were suited, still without a read i wouldn't call a pot-sized bet from a passive player to pick off a bluff there, i don't think it's worth it.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Folding is definitely fine here. He is rather on the passive side so I don`t expect him to bluff there enough to make a call based on that alone. Either way he seems a bad player. Question is does he sees a hand like AQ,KQ as nuts there or not. Chances are small but his line makes no real sence to me and given the fact that I don`t know what he is holding I`m calling here both for a note on his plays that might make/save me more money in the future and for my table image.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d bet at least 5$ on the turn
      river fold is fine, he often has there strong hand