Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $25,70
      Hero:
      $47,51

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:spade: , 7:spade:
      Hero raises to $1,00, BU folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) 5:spade: , 6:spade: , 8:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,25, SB raises to $2,50, Hero calls $1,25.

Turn: ($7,25) 3:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $3,75, Hero raises to $44,01 (All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $14,75
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      You just flopped the actual nuts with a gutshot straight flush draw as a bonus, you're probably never folding that, now your goal is to take his whole stack.

That means betting that flop strong to bloat the pot right now, so that if he raises he has to make it bigger, and if he just calls we can also bet the turn bigger, thus slowly committing him to the pot until we've got all his money in there. Also we don't want him drawing cheaply to a better flush than ours.

The times when you're gonna make money is when he also has a good hand and you get his stack. By just betting 1/2 pot you might get called more often by marginal hands, but it's never gonna make up for what you lose when you fail to get his stack when he has a hand he can pay you off with. Just bet $2.

Since we don't know what his minraise means and we'd rather not see a spade on the turn because he could have something like KsQs, i'd just 3bet him on the flop after hollywooding for a bit. Make it big enough that he can't get odds to draw, and small enough that he can also do something stupid like shoving over with whatever he has.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I would also make it 2$ there because board is drawy and that`s what a standard cbet would be with OP there cuz of draw heavy board. Don`t make bet sizes depending on you hand but depending on the board texture. Ok , against this guy that doesn`t count for nothing , I don`t think he is looking for betting patterns but still , I think it`s better just in case ;p

Ofc with the nutz you want to get your money in , which is an added reason to bet biggish here. After his raise you can either 3-bet or call would be ok since you are IP an can build the pot. OOP I would always 3-bet him , actually even IP 3-bet would be better here for the reasons tamairlarace pointed out.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I doubt he has on pure bluff, so he´d likely would call small 3-bet (6-7$), then you can safely half pot the turn and shove river
      I´d like to raise turn smaller (8$ is enough for nuts) or just call and shove river