Stud Hi: Rolled up 7's

• SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I slow-played them to not give away the strength of my hand at the start but there was just to many people who stuck in the pot. So, should I just go ahead and fast play this hand on 3rd or wait until 4th for the raise, which of course, I didn't. :f_biggrin:

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 Limit Stud $0.01 Ante - 7 players

3rd Street:
      Seat 2: xx xx T :heart:
      Hero: 7 :diamond: 7 :club: 7 :heart:
      Seat 4: xx xx 5 :club:
      Seat 5: xx xx Q :spade:
      Seat 6: xx xx 2 :heart:
      Seat 7: xx xx K :club:
      Seat 8: xx xx K :heart:

Seat 6 brings in for $0.02, Seat 7 calls, Seat 8 completes, Seat 2 calls, Hero calls, Seat 4 calls, Seat 5 folds, Seat 6 calls, Seat 7 calls

4th Street: (7.4 SB) (6 players)
      Seat 2: xx xx T :heart: 2 :spade:
      Hero: 7 :diamond: 7 :club: 7 :heart: 3 :heart:
      Seat 4: xx xx 5 :club: 6 :diamond:
      Seat 6: xx xx 2 :heart: 4 :heart:
      Seat 7: xx xx K :club: J :club:
      Seat 8: xx xx K :heart: 3 :club:

Seat 7 checks, Seat 8 bets, Seat 2 folds, Hero calls, Seat 4 calls, Seat 6 calls, Seat 7 calls

5th Street: (6.2 BB) (5 players)
      Hero: 7 :diamond: 7 :club: 7 :heart: 3 :heart: T :diamond:
      Seat 4: xx xx 5 :club: 6 :diamond: A :club:
      Seat 6: xx xx 2 :heart: 4 :heart: A :heart:
      Seat 7: xx xx K :club: J :club: 3 :diamond:
      Seat 8: xx xx K :heart: 3 :club: 4 :club:

Seat 4 checks, Seat 6 checks, Seat 7 checks, Seat 8 checks, Hero bets, Seat 4 calls, Seat 6 calls, Seat 7 calls, Seat 8 calls

6th Street: (11.2 BB) (5 players)
      Hero: 7 :diamond: 7 :club: 7 :heart: 3 :heart: T :diamond: 8 :club:
      Seat 4: xx xx 5 :club: 6 :diamond: A :club: 4 :spade:
      Seat 6: xx xx 2 :heart: 4 :heart: A :heart: Q :diamond:
      Seat 7: xx xx K :club: J :club: 3 :diamond: K :spade:
      Seat 8: xx xx K :heart: 3 :club: 4 :club: 5 :diamond:

Seat 7 checks, Seat 8 checks, Hero bets, Seat 4 calls, Seat 6 raises, Seat 7 folds, Seat 8 folds, Hero calls, Seat 4 calls

7th Street: (17.2 BB) (3 players)
      Hero: 7 :diamond: 7 :club: 7 :heart: 3 :heart: T :diamond: 8 :club: 4 :diamond:
      Seat 4: xx xx 5 :club: 6 :diamond: A :club: 4 :spade: xx
      Seat 6: xx xx 2 :heart: 4 :heart: A :heart: Q :diamond: xx

Seat 6 bets, Hero calls, Seat 4 folds
  • 3 replies
    • michaelg5pro
      michaelg5pro
      Bronze
      slowplaying being rolledup is infact a good idea, however as you have seen it gets difficult if the majority of the field doesnt get out (see that 2h4, KcJc and the not very live 56o here) which is very common these stakes. Six still in in on 4th that is a loose game, isnt it? So narrow field here, at the latest 4th, these stakes better 3rd.
      On riskless boards and in General slowing this can be fine - not whole way of course, losing equity every street and once you face yourself outdrawn already it is too late to get things on. I might consider check calling 6th trying to improve to a fullout.

Do you think seat 6 made it on 5th? Him slowing 5th and then jamming... not to your advantage.. Well for him it would be reasonable to call to bets3rd and 4th and on 5th you could fine out about seat 6.
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Raise it 3rd. At the low limits very few people will put you on 3 of a kind and will likely think you have a big pair. Also many low limit players will call down anything! If you show 777 and they have anychance of a straight,flush ect they will call till 7th, so get some money in the pot and make them pay for the 7th street suckout.

"slowplaying being rolledup is infact a good idea" I agree but only with Q+ and in tight games.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      At such low limits I think you just want to make the most out of the hand and with a 7 in the window on 3rd most people will never put you on the hand your holding so I would prefer putting in a raise now to reduce the ammount of players in the pot that can draw you out. (most of this is what others were saying :f_biggrin: )