This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

AK suited

• justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      playing a $1 tournament on ladbrokes, i was faced with this hand. i was middle table with nealr 4000 and was behind a fairly aggressive player who had just lost a monster pot. the blinds were 100/200 with the ante at 20c. the play was flopped round to us and villain raises to 400. now i was sat with AKs and just called. the reason for this was, i had a very aggressive big stack behind me and wanted to see his response and maybe have a chance of stealing a few from him.
      anyhow, the flop came down and was 8c Ah 2s.
      villain bet 1,020. i went straight over the top all in as we were the only two hands playing.
      to my surprise he called my all in and revealed JQo. i was delighted of course.
      turn
      Qh
      river
      Js

should i have shoved sooner when his preflop raise came in, or was that just bad beat city again? i think maybe i should have pushed, but i still think he would have called.
      so you tell me, what would you have done in that same situation.
      cheers
      :f_cool:
  • 6 replies