[NL2-NL10] NL25 - AK vs Donk Bet

• Smileyphil
      Known players:

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:club: , A:spade:
      Hero raises to $1.00, 5 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 5:spade: , T:heart: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2.25, BB calls $1.75.

Turn: ($6.60) J:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($6.60) Q:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.65 (All-In), BB calls $1.65.

Final Pot: $9.90

- The Donk on the flop is 1/4 of the pot. This just looked very weak to me. I figured with a decent raise he would fold a lot of hands (Overcards, Lower Pairs, maybe even a weak Ten)
      - Turn I figure is an easy check behind since we have 10 outs (maybe 8/9 with discount)
      - River is easy value bet with the nuts. Simple. :)
      - I think I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out but I'd be interested to hear how others would handle this donk.
  • 2 replies
    • dandycal
      Hi Phil,

If you are going to bet over half of your stack on flop, I say you should push directly with your OC + 2 bcks.

Otherwise, you can bet $1.5 flop and I'd be tempted to push the Turn with OC+gutshot and some FE, rather than waiting for the river and maybe having to fold to a bet from the fish if I don't hit.
    • burek2000
      Hey SmileyPhil,

on the flop, if you decide to raise you have to push cause otherwise you just commit yourself, but I don't really like it because opponent even after 9 hands looks fishy and this board hits his range easily and against a pair you don't have the equity to push.

With 2 overcards and 2 backdoor draws I would simply call flop and evaluate turn as villain gives you really good odds and you will probably be able to stack him if you hit.