Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $36.00
      Hero:
      $4.65

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , K:spade:
      UTG2 calls $0.25, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.85) T:spade: , 2:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $3.40 (All-In), UTG2 calls $2.90.

Final Pot: $9.65

- Donk bet is very small compared to flop. It is pretty unlikely he has hit this flop strong unless he has TT. I figure he's pretty weak and I have a lot of fold equity.

- If he does have a Tx hand I have 15 (13 discounted) outs for flushes and higher pairs. So I'm in pretty good shape if he calls.

- Should we ever consider a call/evaluate or is our hand just too strong for this?
  • 4 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Smileyphil

- Should we ever consider a call/evaluate or is our hand just too strong for this?
      Never. After most turn-cards your equity halves meaning that you have to fold to a decent sized turn bet. NH as played since you maximize your pot-equity and FE.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      In this case you can use the simple rule of thumb: "As PF aggressor, if you hit a strong draw on the flop, play it as a made hand."

As Nunki said, your hand can become quite weak on the turn, so you must take advantage on the flop and play aggressively.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Just shove and keep up the aggression :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey SmileyPhil,

Originally posted by Nunki

Never. After most turn-cards your equity halves meaning that you have to fold to a decent sized turn bet. NH as played since you maximize your pot-equity and FE.
      +1

You have 2 overcards, BDOESD and FD, which is a monster and should be played aggressively even if you weren't a preflop aggressor. Just push flop for value/FE.

Regards,
      burek2000