This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

'relative' small winnings?

• Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      Almost everywhere i come people are talking about they are having +2to5bb/100 hands profit.

When i thought about this, i thought it was a extremely small number.
      A few reasons i thought of:
      1; every hand already has a bb+sb(so 1,5bb), and u raise 4bb normally, so only one hand already is about 5-6bb profit(if u pick it up on flop). and more if u win it later on.
      2;If u win an allin, while playing bigstack(100bb), u win 100bb. so that's also way more than 2/5bb

reasons why it shouldn't be higher i could quickly find were;
      1; in 100 hands the bb+sb passed u 11 times, making about -16bb/100.
      2; sometimes u lose allins, or get bad beats, sucked out on etc.
      3; running for cards but not hitting them.

My point being:
      I wondered how both winnings and losses could be narrowed down to about 3-5bb/100 hands, with a solid player. Seeing only 1 hand has more bb's in it most of the time. Anyone has some thoughts about this?

on a side note:
      This also concluded me to picking up the blinds(or sometimes defending them), on the long run is alot of money. seeing in 100 hands, when u pick up the blinds everytimes u'r on the button, quickly is about 16bb.
  • 1 reply