Up the beanstalk - By Ashba

• ashba89
      ashba89
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

I'm a relativley new user here at PS.com. First off I would like to say how happy I am to have found out about this, not only because of the free startcapital, but because of all the great articles, videos, handanalysis etcetera.

Soo..THANK YOU!

So, here's the deal. I am a relativley new online poker player who is currently learning as much as I possibly can. Reading articles, forum and watching videos a lot both at work :P and at home. And of course play alot.

This have probably been done, a million times, but this is mostly for me so I can keep track of my mistakes, recall hands and so on. But, I honestly really hope for alot of critisism and responses to some of the hands that i will post here.

First of all i would love if someone could tell me how to post hands in the forum using Elephant? ?(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Wednesday. June 24th, 2009]

Yay, First post! I have set up some major goals for my progress and I'm also gonna inform you how I am going to pursue these goals.

Since I am going away this weekend to a Metal Festival here in Sweden (Metaltown), I won't be able to grind anything at all for the next couple of days. But please stay tuned because I will be back, locked and loaded on Sunday, June 28th.

Main Goals of 2009 

------------------------- 

§ Climb the beanstalk! (Building up a bankroll high enough to play the NL400.) ( What? A guy can't dream? :E ) 
      § Evolve into a skilled online pokerplayer 
      (More to come) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Now, since June is almost over I will not set up goals for this month. Therefor my monthly goals will start as of July.

[Goals of July 2009] ---- Starting Bankroll: $48.90

- Reaching a BR of +$150
      - Moving up to NL25
      - Learn, develop
      - Avoid tilt

Sidegoals

- Reaching a paid position in at least one MTT ( 0/1 )
      - Claiming first place in at least 10 SnG. ( 0/10 )
      ( Might add more )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To pursue these goals I am going to stick to the ShortStackStrategy to minimize losses, and getting the most playing time (= More learning) out of my Bankroll.

Starting out I'm going to sit down at 4 to 6 NL10 tables at a time and hopefully be able to play at least one 2 hour session per day (with exceptions). Mostly for drinking:s_biggrin: .

[And to summarize..]

To end this first, and probably not last, post I have to say I would HIGHLY appreciate any kind of feedback/critisism/suggestions/response on sample hands etc. since I am a new player and would really like to develop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Oh, and I'd love to talk to any fellow pokerplayers. So if you'd like, feel free to contact me:

- MSN: Ju1989@hotmail.com
      - #Ashba @ QuakeNet (Irc)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So thank you all for reading, Thank you Pokerstrategy.com and Thank all of you for contributing to my carreer in online poker.

Best regards, with some mixed loving feelings

Ashba
  • 2 replies
    • ashba89
      ashba89
      Bronze
      [22:08 CEST]

I'm planning on playing a 2 hour session starting 22:30 CEST.

If everything works out allright with Elephant, I will post some hands for evaluation. Hope I can get some feedback! :heart: :heart:

//Ashba

[23.07 CEST]

I've come to a conclusion that I'm not awake enough to keep on playing right now. Although I got to play a couple of hundred hands, so here goes some of the more interesting ones. Hope you can give me some feedback!

We all love that sneaky boat along the river!

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO raises to $0,50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2,57 (All-In), 2 folds, CO calls $2,07.

Flop: ($5,39) 6:heart: , 8:diamond: , 7:spade:
      Turn: ($5,39) 9:spade:
      River: ($5,39) Q:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $5,39

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Ah Kh)
      CO shows a pair of queens (Qs As)

CO wins with a pair of queens (Qs As)

----------------------------------------------------

Well, sometimes I guess i deserve something like this

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      3 folds, CO calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, 2 folds, CO calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,15) 9:diamond: , A:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1,20 (All-In), CO calls $1,20.

Turn: ($3,55) 6:club:
      River: ($3,55) 4:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3,55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Qd Qc)
      CO shows a pair of aces (5c Ac)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Qd Qc)

------------------------------------------------------------------

[Statistics at the end of the day]
      Current Bankroll: $48.29
      Total Hands: 262
      Win/loss: -$0.61
      Conclusion: Way too tired.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Probably gotta go to bed now. I have work tomorrow (which I'm probably gonna use for studying articles and videos), so I have to get up at 06:00. And after that it's off to Gothemburg for Metaltown!

Cya all Sunday June 28th!

Regards

//Ashba
    • ashba89
      ashba89
      Bronze
      [Thursday June 25th]

[10:42 CEST]

Right now I am at work, working some, but mostly studying articles and reading blogs and strategies.

Also I was hoping to pick up "Every hand revealed" by Gus Hansen before I get on the bus for Gothemburg after work.

Has anyone read it? I've heard great reviews, and I thought it'd be nice to read on the 7 hour trip I have in front of me :rolleyes: .

Now it's time for a smoke. Hell, I'm like really tired.. crap.

Ttyl everyone!