This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Up the beanstalk - By Ashba

• ashba89
      ashba89
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

I'm a relativley new user here at PS.com. First off I would like to say how happy I am to have found out about this, not only because of the free startcapital, but because of all the great articles, videos, handanalysis etcetera.

Soo..THANK YOU!

So, here's the deal. I am a relativley new online poker player who is currently learning as much as I possibly can. Reading articles, forum and watching videos a lot both at work :P and at home. And of course play alot.

This have probably been done, a million times, but this is mostly for me so I can keep track of my mistakes, recall hands and so on. But, I honestly really hope for alot of critisism and responses to some of the hands that i will post here.

First of all i would love if someone could tell me how to post hands in the forum using Elephant? ?(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Wednesday. June 24th, 2009]

Yay, First post! I have set up some major goals for my progress and I'm also gonna inform you how I am going to pursue these goals.

Since I am going away this weekend to a Metal Festival here in Sweden (Metaltown), I won't be able to grind anything at all for the next couple of days. But please stay tuned because I will be back, locked and loaded on Sunday, June 28th.

Main Goals of 2009 

------------------------- 

§ Climb the beanstalk! (Building up a bankroll high enough to play the NL400.) ( What? A guy can't dream? :E ) 
      § Evolve into a skilled online pokerplayer 
      (More to come) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Now, since June is almost over I will not set up goals for this month. Therefor my monthly goals will start as of July.

[Goals of July 2009] ---- Starting Bankroll: $48.90

- Reaching a BR of +$150
      - Moving up to NL25
      - Learn, develop
      - Avoid tilt

Sidegoals

- Reaching a paid position in at least one MTT ( 0/1 )
      - Claiming first place in at least 10 SnG. ( 0/10 )
      ( Might add more )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To pursue these goals I am going to stick to the ShortStackStrategy to minimize losses, and getting the most playing time (= More learning) out of my Bankroll.

Starting out I'm going to sit down at 4 to 6 NL10 tables at a time and hopefully be able to play at least one 2 hour session per day (with exceptions). Mostly for drinking:s_biggrin: .

[And to summarize..]

To end this first, and probably not last, post I have to say I would HIGHLY appreciate any kind of feedback/critisism/suggestions/response on sample hands etc. since I am a new player and would really like to develop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Oh, and I'd love to talk to any fellow pokerplayers. So if you'd like, feel free to contact me:

- MSN: Ju1989@hotmail.com
      - #Ashba @ QuakeNet (Irc)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So thank you all for reading, Thank you Pokerstrategy.com and Thank all of you for contributing to my carreer in online poker.

Best regards, with some mixed loving feelings

Ashba
  • 2 replies
    • ashba89
      ashba89
      Bronze
      [22:08 CEST]

I'm planning on playing a 2 hour session starting 22:30 CEST.

If everything works out allright with Elephant, I will post some hands for evaluation. Hope I can get some feedback! :heart: :heart:

//Ashba

[23.07 CEST]

I've come to a conclusion that I'm not awake enough to keep on playing right now. Although I got to play a couple of hundred hands, so here goes some of the more interesting ones. Hope you can give me some feedback!

We all love that sneaky boat along the river!

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO raises to $0,50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2,57 (All-In), 2 folds, CO calls $2,07.

Flop: ($5,39) 6:heart: , 8:diamond: , 7:spade:
      Turn: ($5,39) 9:spade:
      River: ($5,39) Q:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $5,39

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Ah Kh)
      CO shows a pair of queens (Qs As)

CO wins with a pair of queens (Qs As)

----------------------------------------------------

Well, sometimes I guess i deserve something like this

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      3 folds, CO calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, 2 folds, CO calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,15) 9:diamond: , A:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1,20 (All-In), CO calls $1,20.

Turn: ($3,55) 6:club:
      River: ($3,55) 4:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3,55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Qd Qc)
      CO shows a pair of aces (5c Ac)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Qd Qc)

------------------------------------------------------------------

[Statistics at the end of the day]
      Current Bankroll: $48.29
      Total Hands: 262
      Win/loss: -$0.61
      Conclusion: Way too tired.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Probably gotta go to bed now. I have work tomorrow (which I'm probably gonna use for studying articles and videos), so I have to get up at 06:00. And after that it's off to Gothemburg for Metaltown!

Cya all Sunday June 28th!

Regards

//Ashba
    • ashba89
      ashba89
      Bronze
      [Thursday June 25th]

[10:42 CEST]

Right now I am at work, working some, but mostly studying articles and reading blogs and strategies.

Also I was hoping to pick up "Every hand revealed" by Gus Hansen before I get on the bus for Gothemburg after work.

Has anyone read it? I've heard great reviews, and I thought it'd be nice to read on the 7 hour trip I have in front of me :rolleyes: .

Now it's time for a smoke. Hell, I'm like really tired.. crap.

Ttyl everyone!