[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AA on a 4way pot

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($8)
      MP ($19.70)
      CO ($18.69)
      Button ($6.39)
      Hero (SB) ($21.48)
      BB ($16.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
      UTG (poster) checks, 2 folds, Button calls $0.20, Hero bets $1.10, BB calls $1, UTG (poster) calls $1, Button calls $1

Flop: ($4.80) 9, Q, 9 (4 players)
      Hero bets $3, BB calls $3, UTG raises $6.80 (All-In), Button calls $5.19 (All-In), Hero ???

I guess I had never been called by 3 people with aces, on the flop just call or push (still a big stack behind me)?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      How often do you get AA ? You pay for it by getting into ugly spots with them tho, so i guess i'm not so jealous. I only get 2-outed by KK with them, it's easier.

I'd raise it bigger preflop, most of these guys are shortstacked AND bad, they won't care about the bet size if they want to play they are calling, and i want them committed as soon as possible. Plus that makes everyone less likely to tag along with crap.

On the flop you can't fold against the shorties after c-betting, so the only problem is the BB. He also seems to be bad given he's not rebuying to 100b, so the fact that he coldcalled you 6x raise preflop doesn't help us much to narrow his range down.

With already 2 guys all-in tho i don't really see the BB calling a raise from you with just a Qx type of hand, but you never know, he only called you flop bet. If he is passive enough he might even have KK, if he somehow like the idea of a 4-way all-in (most fishes do) he might even call your shove with utter crap just for kicks. Plus if you just call he's gonna get incredible odds to draw if he happens to have JT or a random gutshot GS. Still AA doesn't really do well 4-way and you're only playing for about $10 more with the BB alone.

This is a shit spot with no easy answer and there is a lot of money into the pot, i think i would just jam it in and not overthink the results too much, that kind of situation happens very rarely.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Easy push imo. Only 4 hands have you beat 99 and 3 combos of QQ with QQ unlikely . BB is likely bad from his stacksize and I think he will call with QK,AQ always , maybe even with worse Q and for the shorties they could push there any Q or pp or oesd or even a gutshot given the odds they get.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Being OOP you could raise a bit more preflop, otherwise just push it on flop. I expect BB to call with a lot of worse hands.

Best regards,
      Rensu