[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AJ facing donkbet

• Volrath89
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($5.20)
      MP ($5.84)
      Hero (Button) ($19.60)
      SB ($19.80)
      BB ($19.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, A
      1 fold, MP calls $0.20, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.80, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.30) Q, J, 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40

Turn: ($5.10) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $4, Hero folds

Total pot: $5.10

I should have just folded on the flop, but my question is maybe I could think of raising his donkbet? (calling is horrible idk why I called =/)
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      Folding right on the flop seems a bit weak, for all you know he's doing that with 33-TT because he doesn't like to just c/c your c-bet and be in the dark.

Calling isn't that bad if you have some history of him being very aggro and donking weak made hands or draws for multiple streets in these spots, but you likely have to call the turn also and maybe even the river in that case unless the board gets really scary.

As a default i just raise the first donkbet with any 2 almost always, because for most players a donkbet can't really stand much heat, and i don't want them to make donking the flop a habit against me. In this case we also have some equity so it's even better.
    • Kaitz20
      I like raising there.
      Players often lead out to find out where they at, so help them convice that you have better hand
      they could also bet/call with worse hands and draws.