kk busted once again

• justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      well, today has been some day of poker. aces busted twice, kings busted twice and a good day gone bad.
      this next one again makes me wonder if theres anything i can do to change things, but i doubt it.
      i am in a $1 chip and chair.
      sitting nicely in a money position with a healthy stack.
      i am middle position just behind the villain. blinds are 300/600 and ante is 75. all is folded to villain who calls. hero raises to 3x bb and all fold back to villain who calls. flop comes down.
      9h qd 5s
      hero has kk. flop appears kind so hero bets pot only to be raised by villain. hero goes all in.
      villain shows qjo.
      turn is 2c
      river is js giving villain two pair.
      so what is a man to do?
      should i have raised more pre flop, maybe gone all in then?
      or is it just another of my visits to bad beat city today?
      to top it off, i was pleased with the way i had played up to that point.
      :f_cool:
  • 17 replies
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Hello!

Your story is all milk and honey but why are you posting it in this forum?

As for the KK - just get over it, next time you'll win. There's not much you can do about it anyway.
    • justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      tell ya what my friend, why dont ya go boil ya head huh. are ya so great a player that you have attained silver status. bully for you old son.
      take a hike, i dinna care what pricks have to say.
      all i am lookin for is positive feedback to see if maybe i overlooked something.
      is that too hard for you to understand ya muppet.
      take a long hike of a very tall cliff
      i dont need your crap
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      rooofl
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      I was not going to say anything till I read other posts from you.

1. Get used to having good hands preflop "busted". No starting hand is 100%. Play the hand the best you can and just let the bad beats go.

2. mishkagg wrote nothing offensive, so he doesn´t need your friendly reply. I get the feeling that you just want to let some steem go sometimes, which is ok, but not at the people giving you advice and trying to get you to see a lighter side.
      I did read some other post of yours and found you to be very flip flop on what you belive in:

"dont ever worry about being abusive!!"

"i am not criticising the site or the forums, just some of the morons who inhabit the place."

Nice! Last I think the psycology section would be a great read for you:

Spirit
      You should accept fate. Only if you accept the variance of probability, you will be able to deal well with bad beats and will not be influenced in any negative way. Being a sportsman and not insulting your opponents is part of being a good overall player.

Feel free to run my name though the mud if you don't like what I(prick) have to say. :f_cool:
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justgeo

so what is a man to do?
      should i have raised more pre flop, maybe gone all in then?
      or is it just another of my visits to bad beat city today?
      to top it off, i was pleased with the way i had played up to that point.
      I think the post it is very relevant to this forum 'hand evalutation feedback'. So I don't see the point of the reply that followed the original post.
      In my opinion you played it well. It just didn't work out. The only important information is missing it's how big was your stack and how big was his. In this case I think that piece of the puzzle it's very important.
      My humble contribution.

S.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      tell ya what my friend, why dont ya go boil ya head huh. are ya so great a player that you have attained silver status. bully for you old son.
      all i am lookin for is positive feedback to see if maybe i overlooked something.
      i dont need your crap
      no offense, you obviously have anger issues which will make you go broke at the poker table.
    • justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      did anyne ever hear of rhetorical?

i just wanted feedback from better players than me. maybe i could have something different/better, i thought this is what this place was about.

i am sorry if i made that mistake.

i dont pretend to be someone i am not or to be a great poker player, thats why i joined here, like many others no doubt.

so i posted what i did, in good faith and get a reply that means nothing. i was not complaining. i was just seeking observations and opinion.

is to give my own a sin? i just responded in kind.

its fine, you go about your business, i'll go about mine, everyone is happy.

• stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      i dont need your crap
      You get offended by a dude having a silver status?
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I repeat: I think this is the right place to post your hand. If you want to discuss it, I am up for it. I just would like to know the stacks. Last chance.
      S.
    • justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by argentina71
      I repeat: I think this is the right place to post your hand. If you want to discuss it, I am up for it. I just would like to know the stacks. Last chance.
      S.
      chips were about 8000 hero, 10000 villain, or close.

thanks for the support btw, appreciated
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Hand posting guide
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      To start with, I don't think your stack (and the villain stack) were healthy. With antes of 75 and 10 handed, you get blinded 750 in one round of the button, plus the bb = 600 and sb =300, makes you stack go down 1650 in one round. Your 'M' (or the number of rounds you get until you are anted off) is 4.8. the villain has an M=6, so he's running out of oxigen too. I am assuming you are ten/nine handed. I don't know what the positions were. With one limper in those circumstances, from middle positions and with pocket kings is all-in for me. Preflop. He didn't play it well I think, not because he got all-in there, but because if he thought: 'I am going all in in this hand' thinking that you would fold, he should have done it preflop instead of letting you see a flop. In any case, with one limper and kks, considering all what you said and the stacks, it's all-in from my point of view. You will be happy if they call you, you will be happy if they fold to you. One limper meant that the pot you were looking at before raising 3bb was almost 2000. That's 25% of your stack, a nice pot! If you happened to be called, you are having the best hand against anything but aces. KKs are nice: they are only beaten badly by AA, in which case they loose 80% of the time. Against aks they make it 65% of the time. Against anything else they are better than that. Against any pair but aces they are 80% favorite, against Ax 65-70%. So you are giving you the best chances you can have. The other option is to sit and wait for AA. But you don't have the time to do that, and if they finally get dealt to you, your stack will be so small that it would only mean to last a couple of more hands. Now is the time to do an all-in with such a big hand. If they get beaten, bad luck. That is the optimal play in that case, and in my opinion. Surely there will be other ways.
      Have a nice flop,

S.
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      i dont need your crap
      Is justgeo some agent, hired by PokerStrategy to increase popularity of this forum and brighten it up? Because he's funny as hell :s_biggrin:
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Hello again, justgeo!

If you wanted opinion on the hand, you should've posted in the Sit and Go hand evaluation forum. The way I see it this forum is for opinions on coachings and the video material and the evaluation boards. This means that when you attend a coaching or watch a video you can come here and say a few kind or in your case most likely harsh words.

And also - I don't get your second post here, sure, it's disturbing to get busted with KK and AA but why this... I don't know - anger perhaps? That's still a game. And the last reason I am here typing stuff is because I have silver rank. I don't even get it why you brought it up. It's not like bronze rank means you're retarded and once you gain silver you achieve some new wisdom level.

As for the hand - sure you played it right with no ace on the flop, you can go all in and hope for the best. If you're drawing almost dead when the money went in - it's still ok to do it with a strong hand that beats most of the villain's range.

Wish you good luck and have fun and also - some anger management and the best therapy you can afford!
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      S.
      Hi
      If you want a hand to be evaluated, you should post it in the proper hand evaluation forum (BSS, SnG, SSS, MTT and appropriate stake). This forum is for giving feedback to coaches, about coachings, about hand evaluations, about the hand evaluation forum etc.
    • justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      S.
      Hi
      If you want a hand to be evaluated, you should post it in the proper hand evaluation forum (BSS, SnG, SSS, MTT and appropriate stake). This forum is for giving feedback to coaches, about coachings, about hand evaluations, about the hand evaluation forum etc.
      if someone had just pointed that out to me [i am noob after all] all this crap could have been avoided could it not.
      i am not angry about anything, all i wanted was some feedback about the way i played a hand and i posted it in the wrong place.
      thanks for that advice, i shall remember that in future.
      and thankyou to the fella who gave some links to hand converters.
      thats what i call help and positive feedback. thats all i was after.
      so thanks once again for you help, appreciated
    • justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      Hello again, justgeo!

If you wanted opinion on the hand, you should've posted in the Sit and Go hand evaluation forum. The way I see it this forum is for opinions on coachings and the video material and the evaluation boards. This means that when you attend a coaching or watch a video you can come here and say a few kind or in your case most likely harsh words.

And also - I don't get your second post here, sure, it's disturbing to get busted with KK and AA but why this... I don't know - anger perhaps? That's still a game. And the last reason I am here typing stuff is because I have silver rank. I don't even get it why you brought it up. It's not like bronze rank means you're retarded and once you gain silver you achieve some new wisdom level.

As for the hand - sure you played it right with no ace on the flop, you can go all in and hope for the best. If you're drawing almost dead when the money went in - it's still ok to do it with a strong hand that beats most of the villain's range.

Wish you good luck and have fun and also - some anger management and the best therapy you can afford!
      ok fella, the olive branch is grasped and i am sorry if we got off on the wrong foot. maybe just a simple misunderstanding which happen all too often on the net.
      as far as i am concerned, issue over, end of matter, i have now had some advice and will just get on with trying to play a better game.
      guess i ruffled a few feathers in my short time here. if i feel i am under attack, i will respond and defend myself. sorry if that came across any other way. i felt you were having a pop at me [which maybe you weren't] and reacted to it in an aggressive fashion.
      time to move on now
      good luck to you at the tables