The very good start of my SSS career!

• zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      The pictures tell the tale! Notice my first deposit 22nd(today is the 25th; 10pm!)

A bit swingy.. read my whine post! ;D Got carried away at the end(trying to reach 500fpp).

WORTH NOTING: I grinded NL10 with PT3 until I had $70, and since I've played BSS NL400 actively back in the day, I felt like I knew the limits, had the skill etc to beat NL25. I had a backup plan tho; drop to NL10 if BR plummeted to like $50ish.. It didn't!(yet?*shiver*).

So now I'm on NL25. Can't wait to venture up the limit ladder! Wish me luck guys tee-hee.
  • 11 replies
    • Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      How can you call gambling a success? Because that is exactly what you did playing way above your limit and not sticking to the BRM. And how did you manage to play NL400 BSS with less than a half the buy-in for that limit?
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bubalus
      How can you call gambling a success? Because that is exactly what you did playing way above your limit and not sticking to the BRM. And how did you manage to play NL400 BSS with less than a half the buy-in for that limit?
      No, no, he used to play NL400. Now he is playing the NL25. With 14 BI.

I wish you all the luck in the world cause you're so going to need it when crushing the bankroll rules this bad. You may be the best player out there but without the proper management you're going down. Even when you're 70:30 favorite to win a hand and you put the money in good there are going to be times when the 30% happen 5 times in a row. At those times you're going to go broke when not following the bankroll rules.
    • Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      Originally posted by Bubalus
      No, no, he used to play NL400. Now he is playing the NL25. With 14 BI.

I wish you all the luck in the world cause you're so going to need it when crushing the bankroll rules this bad. You may be the best player out there but without the proper management you're going down. Even when you're 70:30 favorite to win a hand and you put the money in good there are going to be times when the 30% happen 5 times in a row. At those times you're going to go broke when not following the bankroll rules.
      My bad :) But 14 BI is still way out of BRM.
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      I think you guys are taking the BRM way to literally.. Or you just haven't studied it enough..

From the basic chart:

You play NL10 (0.05/0.10)
      ■ You play this limit until you have $150.

You play NL25 (0.10/0.25)
      ■ You play until you have $300.
      ■ If you start losing and your bankroll drops to $60,
      you move back down to NL10.

Now, what I did was the following.

Started with NL10. When my BR hit $75ish, I moved to NL25. Now you don't have to do this, and frankly most people shouldn't do this. But I have some 6 years of experience with online poker, so I figured I could jump up one limit, a bit prematurely.

My plan doesn't end here you see.. IF my roll dropped, from $75, to around $50ish(5 BI's), I would have seen my plan as a failed attempt, and gone back to grinding NL10.

However, I didn't lose the 5 BI's, and continued to wreck the NL25 opposition(as I had figured*bragbrag*). In fact, my bankroll is $191.20 just this moment.

So you see, I'm not hexing BRM, I'm just implementing my own stuff into it, which seems to be working out fine. - With that said, I'm probably gonna have a bit more meat on the bone before I jump to NL50($250+?).

And that's it. If you still don't understand, I'll give you an example that's pretty easy.

You have $75. You aren't supposed to move up until you have $150.. But what if you look at it from another angle? If you flip it, you could think of it as HAVING BEEN on NL25 with $150, and then started to lose. You still have $75 left, and you don't need to drop down a limit until you have $60(okay so I pushed the cushion a wee bit, with $50, but w/e :s_biggrin: ), ergo you still have 3BI to play NL25 with before you have to move down.

Does it make sense now? I will give you an advice my teacher once gave me. Don't read....STUDY!

Best regards,
      Aleks. :f_love: :f_love: :f_love:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and, I grinded 5k hands of NL10 before I got to $70-$75, but that's all in the PT3 db, and I scrapped it. - I've grinded like 5-6k hands of NL25 so far. : )

EDIT2: 8BB/100hands - Anyone care to comment on this? is it good or bad?
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      experience isn't a replacement for safe BRM.

anyway, one big problem is that with only 15 BI or whatever, playing SSS, if you're playing a lot of tables as is usual for SSS, you could lose a huge chunk or your BR in a matter of seconds....

just out of interest, 6 years is huge for me, so i'd like to know how many hands did you play in 6 years?
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe

anyway, one big problem is that with only 15 BI or whatever, playing SSS, if you're playing a lot of tables as is usual for SSS, you could lose a huge chunk or your BR in a matter of seconds....

just out of interest, 6 years is huge for me, so i'd like to know how many hands did you play in 6 years?
      I never played more tables than I 'could afford'. e.g. I played 5 tables when I had 5BI's until I had to move down a limit.

On the hands/pr.6yrs I have no idea. didn't use software then. Don't even think pokertracker etc existed; if it did I wasn't aware of it.

I do know that I played like 4-5hrs(at least) on average every day of the week, 4-tabling - since my computer back then couldn't handle more ;P.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by zaplol
      Originally posted by Kruppe

I never played more tables than I 'could afford'. e.g. I played 5 tables when I had 5BI's until I had to move down a limit.

On the hands/pr.6yrs I have no idea. didn't use software then. Don't even think pokertracker etc existed; if it did I wasn't aware of it.

I do know that I played like 4-5hrs(at least) on average every day of the week, 4-tabling - since my computer back then couldn't handle more ;P.
      wtf? would that be about 3 million hands then? wow

oh and good luck :)
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      I haven't done the calculations, but to be fair - and honest lol - I wouldn't say they were educational 3million hands atleast. I was just playing "my game" without any specific approach or analytical aspect.

Well, I basically played JJ+ AK, and set-hunted 22 through 10; and threw in a couple suited connectors for balancing(I knew what balancing was by nature; as I believe most of us do, we just can't explain it as good as these strategist writers! :D ).

So yeah, would be fair to say my real poker career started with pokerstrategy.com.

On that note, I just recovered from the downswing!

http://bildr.no/view/440342

My downswing thread
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      improper brm does exist but i think that for a very experienced player it is crazy to go on a 14bi downswing on a single session if played top of your game.

but generally stick to a proper brm
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      improper brm does exist but i think that for a very experienced player it is crazy to go on a 14bi downswing on a single session if played top of your game.

I don't get your post. rewrite it please.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by excelgeo

a 14BI downswing during a single session is perfectly normal for a good player at SSS if he doesn't want to use stop-loss