rake question (buying stuff from the fpp store)

• nivhar
      nivhar
      Bronze
      there's something i still don't understand. if i wanna buy the ipod touch which is about 67k points in the fpp store. 67k points are worth about 234$, which is great cuz a new ipot touch costs about 280$.
      but the rake deducted from me is 0.005 * 67000 = 335$ less rakeback ill get in the next weeks? its nonsense... i can pay some fpp's trader money and he'll order stuff from me/wait till i collect alot of fpp's, order what i want and move my roll to a diffrent site
  • 8 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi nivhar,

You are right that spending points will affect your rakeback, however don't forget that you will still be getting the ipod effectively for free (just from playing poker). It's more a case of money (rakeback) not gained as opposed to money lost :P

Best regards,

Bart
    • nivhar
      nivhar
      Bronze
      hey bart,

no offense but are you serious? any money deducted from my rakeback is good as real money in my account. also the fpp's got some value as i saw players sell them for 3.5$/1000 fpp's
      anyway if that's the case i just wanna know if that's specific to pokerstrategy (that it deducts ur rakeback when you use the fpps') and if not then i guess ill switch to a diffrent site when ill get alot of fpp's and use them only then.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nivhar
      hey bart,

no offense but are you serious? any money deducted from my rakeback is good as real money in my account. also the fpp's got some value as i saw players sell them for 3.5$/1000 fpp's
      anyway if that's the case i just wanna know if that's specific to pokerstrategy (that it deducts ur rakeback when you use the fpps') and if not then i guess ill switch to a diffrent site when ill get alot of fpp's and use them only then.
      Hi nivhar,

Not a problem my friend I know what you are saying and appreciate it is effectively cash, however what I mean is that it is cash you didn't have before and earned (effectively for free), so you are effectively buying with free money.

Same criteria applies to all rakeback deals, not just PokerStrategy.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Someone correct me If I'm wrong but as far as I know, $335(67k*0.005) would be subtracted from the net rake and not from the rakeback itself, so the actual amount that would deducted from the rakeback you receive would be 0.27*335 = $90.45
    • nivhar
      nivhar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      Someone correct me If I'm wrong but as far as I know, $335(67k*0.005) would be subtracted from the net rake and not from the rakeback itself, so the actual amount that would deducted from the rakeback you receive would be 0.27*335 = $90.45
      yea someone responed me in a diffrent forum about that, so i guess its ok, alothough im not 100% happy about that and still thinking its better to save them fpp's till ur last day playing on FT
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nivhar
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      yea someone responed me in a diffrent forum about that, so i guess its ok, alothough im not 100% happy about that and still thinking its better to save them fpp's till ur last day playing on FT
      Since I don't see that day coming any time soon, I'll just keep spending them when I want. :D
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Yeah, I suggest you just keep piling them up until they are worth at least few grands, then use them and switch site.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i didnt know u could sell point. Is this actually possible?