HI everyone, lets talk abount a coach.

• rkm140
      rkm140
      Basic
      25.06.09 08:53: I meet Lary18thS on parttimpoker.com, he joined a couple of weeks ago. I have been a staker there for two years.

Lary18thS PM'd me about playing some SNGs and told me he that he was broke and a real bad run. I researched him and found he had great stats in the games he wanted to play. But he had an open stake. When i asked him about that he said he closed the stake because the staker couldn't afford to let him play at the $36 levels.

so everything seemed fine, i told him i could only stake him for $66 to run $6.50 and lower but if he got the BR up he could play at the $11 and $12 levels.

He started to play and i watched for a while then went to bed. I woke the next morning to find he had sent me $146, needless to say i was pleased, but when i looked into his SS i found he had won more money than he told me he did. When i questioned him about this he said he played those games after he ended the stake. The stake was to be played for 1 week, i gave no instructions for him to end it early. I also compared the email from Stars and the ending times of the games he said he played on his dime and the games ended before any money was shipped.

also by this time he had receive DNS (DO NOT STAKE) from PTP, this means he stole someones money. The stake whom Lary18thS said he had ended the stake had in fact NOT ended the stake and Lary18thS PM'd him and told him he would send his funds back but has not done so yet.

Below are links to the thread reporting that Lary18thS stole money.

http://forum.parttimepoker.com/showthread.php?t=559666

Here is a Link to the staking agreement between Lary18thS and I. http://forum.parttimepoker.com/showthread.php?t=559592

Lary18thS should have sent me fund totaling 454.72, but he sent me $146 so he still owe me $374.72.

When i told Lary18thS that these games ended prior to him sending me any money, he stated he would send me another $200 and i should be pleased that my $66 returned $300.

I have copies of all the PM's, Screenshots of the email from stars showing the time and two screenshots proving that the games ended after he sent the funds.

I understand this is not your problem but if your site could help us in getting Lary18thS to come back to PTP and pay us what is owed we would be grateful.

If Lary18thS doesn't do the right thing and pay what is owed, i will have no choice but to post this information over every poker forum on the web. So it would be of great benefit to all if you can help us get this resolved. I doubt it would look favorable on your site as a whole if the word got out one of your coaches/staff member was a ROLLER/Thief.

Again thanks for any and all help you can give. I will wait 24 hours prior to posting the first post on 2+2, pocket 5's, if this has been taken care of by Lary18thS i will forget it every happened. any other person would say any moneys he wins durring the 1 week time frame is part of the stake, but i am willing to forgo that if he pays what is stated in this message.
      pure,
      25.06.09 11:16: Dear rkm140,

I am sorry but we can not help with such problems. We strongly advise against staking deals because if something goes wrong (and unfortunately it often does) it is very hard to figure out who cheated whom.
      Please try to settle this with Lary18thS directly.

Best regards,
      pure
      rkm140,
      25.06.09 12:07: I have tried to do this, but he is not answering any of our messages. That is why I have come to you in hopes that you would see how this information getting out would hurt the site, and maybe get you to talk to Lary18thS and get him to see the error of his ways.

Thanks.
  • 21 replies
    • EvelDick
      EvelDick
      Basic
      For someone to say they "advise against such deals because its hard to figure out who cheated who" is just not the case with PartTimePoker.com. It is by far the biggest staking site in the world and there is a reason why --- they offer good protection for the staker and horse, and their system makes it VERY clear who is cheated.

Lary has DNS* (DO NOT STAKE gear with a "*") which means that he is restricted from all use of the site until he pays myself and rkm140 back.

If any of you have questions on what certain things mean or are confused about any elements of our claim, please post them in the thread and we would be happy to answer them.

This thread pretty much irons out what he did in my stake:
      http://forum.parttimepoker.com/showthread.php?t=559666
    • rkm140
      rkm140
      Basic
      I am also willing to post screen shots to prove my claims. all you need to do is ask.

and Lary18thS please take care of your debits.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      personally i dont use parttimepoker
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      This has nothing to do with your claim but I don't understand one thing. Why would anyone who's beating 36$ SNGs need a stake let alone 66$ one which would only allow them to play 5$ SNGs at the most? I mean eather they are good and have their own bankroll or they lost their money and then there is no reason for anyone to invest in them..
      I just never understood this..
    • rkm140
      rkm140
      Basic
      This is why sir, in Lary18thS on words.

https://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1563/scammeri.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1563/scammeri.jpg
    • ZippFig
      ZippFig
      Bronze
      Just curious about the title. Is he a coach here? And if he is what do you think you can accomplish by making him look bad in such a dubious situation as staking is?
      Also why two separate posts stating the same?
    • rkm140
      rkm140
      Basic
      Yes he is a coach here, and this is meant to show this members of this site what type of person this site employs to teach you guys.

Staking when done correctly is very profitable for both the staker and the player.

sometime you run in to some idiot that steal money from you and you do everything think you can do to get it back.

Staking and poker have been working hand-in-hand for many decades, look it up.

prominent players like Phil Ivey, Doyle Brunson, Johny Chain and JohnyBax back player and make money doing it. It is no less dubious than playing poker it self. it is just another part of the game.

and if a player wont pay his poker debits it speaks volumes about his character.
    • EvelDick
      EvelDick
      Basic
      Originally posted by ZippFig
      Just curious about the title. Is he a coach here? And if he is what do you think you can accomplish by making him look bad in such a dubious situation as staking is?
      Also why two separate posts stating the same?
      The reason for two seperate posts is because he scammed two different investors. My stake was for a total of $720, but I held $360 in escrow (standard in private staking). With this money, Lary admitted to violating the bankroll guidelines immensely and said he would refund the full $360 in a PM that is posted in the link I provided above. However, he has blown the rest of the funds and has not paid me back, but in the mean time he tried to take out more stakes.

Unfortunately for rkm, lary was able to convince him that the stake with me was over and he staked him for $66. Lary actually profited nicely for rkm's stake but lied about how much he won and shortchanged him by a significant portion. We are not looking to do any damage to the site here or even to Lary, we just want the money we are owed. As soon as he pays back, we will confirm and end this thread.

Note to Lary--- you are not "banned" from PTP, you just have "gear". This means that as soon as you pay back to both of us, you can appeal your gear and continue to take out stakes on PTP in the future. All we want is our money back, and once that happens I would be happy to help you out.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Sorry but what proof is there that he's a coach for Pokerstrategy?
      First of all, I don't think Pokerstrategy would employ someone with such bad english.
      He has like 16 posts on the forum you linked us to, so he is virtually an unknown. I don't see how you could just give money to an unknown like that.

And as stated, how could someone who plays $36 SNG's need a $66 stake?
      I'm sure he scammed you, but I don't think he has any relation to pokerstrategy.com what so ever.

You mentioned that staking was profitable for both players when done correctly, but staking is still a gamble. If you really have concerns just contact the poker site on which he was playing on, tell them the situation and see what they can do.

Okay, maybe I was wrong. But are you sure he really works for PS?
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Sorry but what proof is there that he's a coach for Pokerstrategy?
      First of all, I don't think Pokerstrategy would employ someone with such bad english.
      He has like 16 posts on the forum you linked us to, so he is virtually an unknown. I don't see how you could just give money to an unknown like that.

And as stated, how could someone who plays $36 SNG's need a $66 stake?
      I'm sure he scammed you, but I don't think he has any relation to pokerstrategy.com what so ever.

You mentioned that staking was profitable for both players when done correctly, but staking is still a gamble. If you really have concerns just contact the poker site on which he was playing on, tell them the situation and see what they can do.

Okay, maybe I was wrong. But are you sure he really works for PS?
      He is a coach in the Polish community ;)
      http://pl.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=34826&
      hilightuser=391113

But first of all, you shouldn't blame or expect anything special from pokerstrategy, since as far as I know coaches are freelancers and are not really employed at pokerstrategy so they can't help you all that much. But I guess that it's fine that you informed pokerstrategy about it since I don't see how Lary could continue his duties as a coach if he's broke, and he is setting a bad example on usage of BRM, so imo if this is all really bad idea to have a guy like that teaching.

PS: I find it funny that a guy that played those limits, even if he went broke actually needs 66$. I mean even if I lost all my money on something stupid I could still scrape up 100$ and start over
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello rkm140 & EvelDick,

First off, welcome to the site & I'm sorry for the trouble that rkm140 has caused. Since he isn't a coach in the English community nor active here (we have different communities for our different languages that have their own coaches / administrators etc.) - I do not actually know the person you are talking about.

I will pass this thread on to our Polish Headadmin who will take up contact with him. Considering his actions I am sure he will be forced to honour his agreements if he wants to continue his stay as a coach here. If that is even an option anymore.

Best regards and hope to have more for you soon,
      SoyCD
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello again rkm140 & EvelDick,

Just to update you on the situation & to show you that this is by no means a trivial matter for us.

The coach in question has already been contacted & confronted with the situation and urged to honour his agreements with you. Until he has done so, not only his coaching status but also his PokerStrategy.com account will remain deactivated.

As this is the highest level of pressure we are able to exert on him, I truly hope it will help facilitate a quick resolution of the matter.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      I think that the most disturbing thing about this is that a coach is unable to sustain his poker without being staked. I mean how good can he really be?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      I think that the most disturbing thing about this is that a coach is unable to sustain his poker without being staked. I mean how good can he really be?
      It seems the coach in question violated one of Poker's elemental rules: Bankroll management.

After having successfully built his roll to 30k+ playing SnGs (which he also coached in the Polish community) he started playing 109$ Turbo MTTs - since had done well in one, hit a downswing, and wasn't properly rolled for it.

Lesson to be learned; even if you are a good player - variance can always hit - which is why bankroll management is the most important thing in poker.

Regards,
      SoyCD
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I'm very pleased to see PokerStrategy.com taking such a hard line (or as hard as they can) against this individual. When I first saw the OP message, I was almost certain it would have been removed by an admin, but I"m happy to see that PS not only teaches, but stands by their methods and have suspended a coach for their unethical activities.

Well done PokerStrategy. Well played.
    • piotereczek
      piotereczek
      Bronze
      tldr
      but can someone explain what is that 'stake '
      that paritpoker site dont work :f_cry:
    • rkm140
      rkm140
      Basic
      Originally posted by andyb43
      Thank you sir, this is all anyone can ask for. We greatly appreciate your help in this matter.

As soon as Lary18thS pays what is owed we will return here and post screen shots as proof so he can be re-instated. I am sure his coaching has help many player become better players, however his action as of late speaks volume about the person
    • rkm140
      rkm140
      Basic
      Thanks to the members of this site and the site Admin. Lary18thS has paid his debit to me, and i am told by him that he has also paid EvelDick. I will ask him to come here and verify this as i have done.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5170/moneyreceived.jpg

https://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5170/moneyreceived.jpg
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rkm140
      Thanks to the members of this site and the site Admin. Lary18thS has paid his debit to me, and i am told by him that he has also paid EvelDick. I will ask him to come here and verify this as i have done.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5170/moneyreceived.jpg

Good to hear this and thank you for coming here to make us aware of it. Once EvelDick also gives his confirmation here I will pass the news on to the Polish Admin.

Feel free to look around by the way ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD