[NL2-NL10] KK vs Q6s NL2

• luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I understand BU is a complete donk and I accept this loss. Even though I understand you must be a complete donk to push with a hand like Q6s in a situation like this, I don't have any clue why someone would ever do this. Can somebody tell me what happens in your brains whenever you do this. And if you know the answer from experience since you're often making such moves, can you also tell me at which site you're playing and what your username is?

Thank you very much.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $1.97
      BU:
      $1.05
      SB:
      $1.69
      BB:
      $0.28
      UTG:
      $2.60
      UTG1:
      $1.81
      UTG2:
      $0.73
      MP1(Hero):
      $1.86
      MP2:
      $3.12
      MP3:
      $4.37

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, K.
      UTG raises to $0.16, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.8, 3 folds, BU raises to $1.05(All-In), 2 folds, UTG calls $0.89, UTG2 calls $0.57(All-In), Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($3.91) 9, 3, 6 (4 players)
      UTG checks, Hero raises to $0.81(All-In), UTG calls $0.81.

Turn: ($5.53) J (4 players)

River: ($5.53) 6 (4 players)

Final Pot: $5.53.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and sixs (K K)
      UTG shows a pair of sixs (K A)
      UTG2 shows two pairs, nines and sixs (8 9)
      BU shows three of a kind, sixs (6 Q)
      BU wins with three of a kind, sixs (6 Q).
  • 5 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      These happen. But you WANT these fish to call with trash... why didn't you just shove the rest preflop? The more players that are in the hand, the less equity you have so it's best to shove with KK after 4bet... but UTG is committed anyway so he'll call. But in general, it's best to do so in higher limits. Anyway, this is NL2... what do you expect.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Agree with above, shoving preflop would be the right play.

At 1c/2c people play with rubbish hands and you want to take advantage of that. While they are playing rubbish and getting lucky every now and then, you are play good hands consistently and making a steady long term profit.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rickydaprince
      These happen. But you WANT these fish to call with trash... why didn't you just shove the rest preflop? The more players that are in the hand, the less equity you have so it's best to shove with KK after 4bet... but UTG is committed anyway so he'll call. But in general, it's best to do so in higher limits. Anyway, this is NL2... what do you expect.
      I understand I want them to play these hands, but that was not the point, however I greatly appreciate you pointing out I should've gone all-in preflop. That obviously was a mistake. I wanted to know why people do that.

Today, another example. I have 55 and I'm in late position and there's one limper. At the moment the table was very shorthanded so I raise. Both blinds fold and the limper calls. I hit a set on the flop, so I bet again. Bet again on the turn and on the river villain goes all in. I call and show 3oaK, my opponent shows 39o. No pair, nothing. There are 3 overcards on the bord. I wonder what was the point of that raise. Was it bluff? Did he really think he had the best hand? I don't get it, but I wont to understand them so that I can extract more money from them.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Just add him to your buddy list and move on. nice hand,well played.

If you asked why didn't hero just shove it in after the button 4bet - it's because he couldn't. The button had only 20c which is < original raise -> hero can't raise again.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maya1984
      Just add him to your buddy list and move on. nice hand,well played.

If you asked why didn't hero just shove it in after the button 4bet - it's because he couldn't. The button had only 20c which is < original raise -> hero can't raise again.
      You're actually right. I forgot about that since that wasn't the thing I was asking for, but I indeed couldn't reraise, only call.