MJ Dead :(

• 19 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry:
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      This will turn into another one of those Elvis scams. People will think he's still alive.

Eh, RIP.
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      edit: sorry, just couldn't help myself :f_eek:
    • BratEst
      BratEst
      Bronze
      It's not that kind of thread, PetterG2! :evil:
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      very sad too....

the world's last giant.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      yer wow, I just heard, how sad.
      never got a come-back.
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      He was the best.. :(

RIP
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      the world's last giant.
      HARDLY!

Still...RIP MJ
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      RIP MJ. When it came to music, you were the only one who singlehandedly managed to unite & inspire people of all ages, tastes, races, creeds... for an entire generation.

Thank you for the music.

• 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nafar84
      RIP MJ. When it came to music, you were the only one who singlehandedly managed to unite & inspire people of all ages, tastes, races, creeds... for an entire generation.

Thank you for the music.

I have to quote ur words!
      This guy fought hard for a better tomorrow and he didn't only affect one generation but much more...
      It's too sad to see how people attacked him with dirty stories just to SELL...
      The music industry is dirty, and Micheal Jackson was and will be forever in our minds and hearts

RIP
    • Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      He almost single-handedly revived the music industry in the early 80s after disco died.

On a lighter note, a co-worker told me this:

A few days ago, we lost an icon of the 50s and 60s (Ed McMahon). We just lost an icon of the 70s (Farrah Fawcett) and of the 80s. This means that Jerry Seinfeld should be running for his life.
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      This will turn into another one of those Elvis scams. People will think he's still alive.

Eh, RIP.
      ROFL word... I had a chick tell me this TODAY.. "Hey what if he's not dead... I can't believe it! HE COULD'VE STAGED IT!?"

meh.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      THE KING IS DEAD :s_cry:
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Even though I believe Thriller was both the best sold and most influential album ever, I still think that Michael Jackson's death gets more attention than it deserves. I was watching the news yesterday, they did a 5 minute report of an armed robbery that cost 3 people their lives, and a 25 minute review of MJ's life. On the news.
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      Even though I believe Thriller was both the best sold and most influential album ever, I still think that Michael Jackson's death gets more attention than it deserves. I was watching the news yesterday, they did a 5 minute report of an armed robbery that cost 3 people their lives, and a 25 minute review of MJ's life. On the news.
      Kudos for having the balls to say what millions are thinking. I'm with you on this one. However..

He was the undisputed king of pop, no doubt. He united and included the world regardless of race, religion(which imo is crap; we can have a discussion in OT-.-), political view, social status etc. He has been an idol for countless of people that grew up with him and his music, and many from my generation, the kids of those who grew up with MJ, have to some degree adopted this. He deserves to get alot of attention about his death, after all he's achieved in this world.

But not for days on end.

Imo, that they did a - even an hour long - 'special' on various TV channels is fine with me, BUT NOT DAYS ON END!! He's dead, we know. It's sad, we agree. Can we focus on the more important matters regard world news now? Thanks.

R.I.P MJ:( , we couldn't forget you if we tried! :f_love:
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zaplol

Eh, RIP.
      ROFL word... I had a chick tell me this TODAY.. "Hey what if he's not dead... I can't believe it! HE COULD'VE STAGED IT!?"

meh.
      My classmate thinks that Hitler is alive.
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      LOL!!!

That's like saying you don't believe planes flew into the WTC buildings...
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by timukasr
      Originally posted by zaplol

Eh, RIP.

meh.
      My classmate thinks that Hitler is alive.
      I don't think he's alive anymore. However he did make lots of children who will take over the world 1 day...
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Very very sad. Indeed he was the king of pop.

And I have no problems with the news spending more time on this than a robbery. It's not everyday the world loses an icon like this. I don't think anybody will ever get as big as he was/is/will always be. After all robberies and murders happen every day. We can all agree how sad that is, but I really find it OK to put major focus on MJ.

RIP