[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH A7s flushdraw

• Volrath89
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($31.37)
      SB ($19.80)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($31.56)
      Hero (MP) ($40.59)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7, A
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.80, Button calls $0.80, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.90) K, 6, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, Button raises $4, Hero ???

Villain stats:
      21/16/4.1/27 - 285hands

This has been a standard situation for me lately, I have a good draw and want to see the turn card. But an agressive player raises my cbet, how should I react here? I guess just fold, but isn't it too weak?

And suposing I call, what to do on a blank turn?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      When an aggressive tag raises that flop without history he's only representing 44, 66, a flusdraw, maybe a slowplayed AA, maybe 75, and air. I don't think he has any reason to raise a good Kx unless you have enough history for him to think you can get it in with a worse Kx in that situation.

He has air here if he thinks that you're c-betting that flop with air yourself often enough to make a raise profitable even tho he's not representing much, maybe he even thinks you won't pick up on that. You're probably better off calling, as you're ahead of his air and have outs to the nuts. Plus he might put you on TPTK and try to represent the flush on the turn.

If he has a set and you 3bet you're getting it in as an underdog, if you only call and another heart comes on the turn it might slow him down but he will at least call another bet. If he has AA it's basically the same.

If he has 75 with no hearts, which is doubtful to begin with, and you 3bet he's gonna dump it. If he has 7h5h he might shove over.

If he has a flushdraw it's not to the nuts, and a 3bet on a dryish board looks super strong so he might not go with it on the flop. It also looks bluffy but i wouldn't expect him to do something about it the first time. You're actually ahead of him, unless he has a 6hxh, if you only call and a heart comes you're probably gonna stack him anyway.

All in all i'm calling on the flop and i expect him to check behind quite often on a blank turn because we're representing TPTK, so he can't be confident we're gonna fold to another bet if he is (semi)bluffing. If he bets again i put him on AA/44/66 and fold on a blank turn.

Obviously on a heart turn it's an easy stack off.
    • Bierbaer
      As tamairlarace said the only decision to make is between call and 3bet.
      I think i'm calling, too since you're 150BB deep with this guy.
      Everything else is explained in tamairlaraces post.