[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH JJ on a dry board

• Volrath89
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($31.35)
      UTG ($20)
      Button ($5.49)
      Hero (SB) ($19.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
      1 fold, Button calls $0.20, Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.80, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.20) 6, A, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BB raises $3, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($8.20) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($8.20) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Total pot: $8.20

Villain stats:
      51/16/5.2/29 -- 77hands

I felt it was too weak to fold to his min raise on the flop, but maybe i should?

And maybe I shouldn't have played so passively on turn and river?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      If you call his minraise and do anything other than c/f turn and river you're turning JJ into a bluff without a specific read that he does that with worse than Ax AND will call you again with worse on later streets.

He seems very loose and aggressive so he can probably be bluffing there sometimes. The problem is that you need a good idea of what he's gonna do with his bluffs when you call, because if he is aggressive enough to fire again with air even tho you're saying you have an A, you're just gonna lose $1,5 more every time you try to catch him bluffing in that spot, unless you're ready to call him down.

Unless he's been minraising non-stop, or i wanted to try and encourage him to multistreet bluff next time i actually have a hand, i would just fold on the flop.
    • Bierbaer
      I'd fold on the flop, too.

The problem is that there is almost no way you gonna like your hand on the turn, so you are basically calling to fold if you get any more action.
      And i think if he was bluffing he's probably taking another stab at the pot somewhere in the hand.