[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH QQ overpair, got re raised on the flop

• Volrath89
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($24.46)
      BB ($43.40)
      UTG ($14.79)
      MP ($13.80)
      CO ($36.40)
      Button ($20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
      1 fold, MP calls $0.20, 2 folds, Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.80, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.20) 6, 4, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, BB raises $5.80, Hero folds

Total pot: $5.40

16/13/3.4/22 -- 439hands

I actually thought villain was a good TAG and his raise was just because he was protecting his set to a suited board. But now I'm not sure if he would do the same with maybe jacks or tensor even with the flushdraw..
  • 3 replies
    • SheepMoose
      If he is a standard TAG player he could very well have an overpair as well, like 9's or so, and be protecting it against AJ+. He may of course have a set too, but it's hard to tell; as both would be played this way.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      His calling range preflop even oop is probably a bit wider than usual because he expects the limper to come along as well, he probably has any pair lower than JJ and some suited connectors.

When he raises the flop he has a set, 55 for an OESD + pair, a weak overpair or some kind of flush draw+overs.

Folding looks weak as he could figure you can't have much on that board and feel like taking you off whatever you have, tho i wouldn't expect him to do that very often. Still your hand rates to be best.

Do you think he would go broke with 77-TT there ? I don't, he doesn't seem like the type, i think he might even fold his flushdraws if you shove over unless he has strong overcards to go with it, in which case you're almost flipping anyway. I wouldn't 3bet him on that board.

Calling out of position sucks mostly, the board is only gonna get scarier for you and for him, meaning his worse hands won't wanna put any more money in, and you'll be even more afraid of his better hands. That said it also means that you can expect him not to fire again with UI overpairs, so if he bets the turn you can likely fold easily, so it's not as bad a middle ground as it seems.

I'm probably calling to see a turn, if he fires again instead of checking behind i'm taking the safe route against an unknown tag and fold.
    • Bierbaer
      Meh, i think the fold is fine although it looks terribly weak.
      But your cbet on this board is really strong so if he raises you here he should be expecting you to have an overpair - that means he should be even stronger.
      I think you'll get the money in 65:35 at best - but i wouldn't be sure he's raising 55 or a FD here all the time, so i belive his range to be really strong.
      If he has an overpair IMO he's more likely to just call - but i'm not 100% sure since it has been a while since i played $20NL the last time.