[NL2-NL10] SSS - Straight on board

• Guillaumelittle
      Guillaumelittle
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      CO:
      $14,21
      SB:
      $1,70
      BB:
      $4,20
      UTG+1:
      $2
      MP1:
      $2,89
      MP2:
      $9,60
      BU:
      $7,75
      MP3:
      $2

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grab'em by www.pokerstrategy.org.uk.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:diamond: , J:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,10.
      UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 checks, CO folds, BU calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,60) J:diamond: , Q:spade: , T:heart: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $0,50, 3 folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: ($2,10) 9:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $0,40, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: ($3,30) K:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,85 (All-In), MP1 calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: $5,00

First, in the flop i cheked cause i had medium pair but then MP1 bets $0.50. I know that SSS tells me that if dont have TP i should Fold to any Bet but i made Odds and pot odds calculations and they were like this.

6 ( outs 3 aces 3 kings <--- i was sure that at least one of them had a King )

so it was like 3:1 with pot odds of 3.1:1 so i called.

Turn: a 9!! now is very probable that one of them have a straight so im sure of check/fold but then he bets and the bb calls i make odds calculations like this.

6 outs ( 3 kings and 3 aces - maybe they just have a pair) with odds of 6.8:1 and pot odds of 7.2:1 so i called again.

>.< is this well played ? or i just had a lot of luck. Are my odds and pot odds calculations correct?
  • 3 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      fold preflop ^^

play it after the chart. if you keep on playing weak Ax in early positions you are giving your money away.

if you limp in and he bets 0.5$ you get ~ 1:3 which is not enough to call here either. you have max 4 outs for the K. lets give your Jacks 1,5 outs and the Aces another 1,5 (because every K will have straight if you hit the A)
      = 7 outs. so you need 1 to 6 odds and only get 1 to 3. I don't know if the implied odds are enough to call here (lets hear some real NL player ^^)

At all you called 0.9$ for your 7 outs and got 4$ --> 4/0.9 = 3.xx. If you play it everytime you did it there you end up loosing money.

Best play is to simply fold this hand preflop and stay out of trouble (with AQ f.e. you would have a very nice hand)
    • Guillaumelittle
      Guillaumelittle
      Bronze
      Hmmm acording to This table i have odds of 2.6:1 in the flop cause there is 2 cards left. =//

Btw 4/0.9 is 4.4 not 3.xx or im missing something? =/// n.n!
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      my fault 4.xx ^^ but anyway not 5.7.

the table is right but you don't pay 0.5 once you pay from flop to river 0.9.