• stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      If you play NL25 with blinds 0,10/0,25

I raise in early position 4x BB

I have 3 callers

The flop comes A J 7

How to play my KK's?
      I can't check, I have to bet. But just fold them away if I get reraised?
  • 15 replies
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      "You can't check?" :D Why not? If you bet you're turning your hand into a bluff, and you're bluffing into multiple opponents. Bet it heads up by all means.
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      True true, I almost always bet if I play against serveral oponents and there's a flsuhdraw and I have a good hand though.
    • nworb200
      nworb200
      Bronze
      The chaces of someone having an ace are extremely high I think check/fold is the only option.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      tiny bet to see if anyone has the A and you play bss.

otherwise c/f
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShaQQ
      "You can't check?" :D Why not? If you bet you're turning your hand into a bluff, and you're bluffing into multiple opponents. Bet it heads up by all means.
      I wouldn't call it a bluff. If you bet when you have middle pair, do you call it a bluff?
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WildBeans
      Originally posted by ShaQQ
      I wouldn't call it a bluff. If you bet when you have middle pair, do you call it a bluff?
      Valuebet/c-bet.

Right to fold if I get reraised? (If I don't know much about the oponent)
    • toltec444
      toltec444
      Bronze
      The KK has some showdown value, besides de A on the board, I think that the line check call and check/fold on the turn can be done.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I would bet/fold on such a flop. It really depends on the opponents and the situation at hand though. I haven't had too much luck lately with pocket kings either. :(
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      It would depend on my position. If I have 2 acting after me its check for sure on the flop....

Against 4 someone has the A most of the time.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      vs 3 players I might:

c/c once or even twice bad players(if big bet size, be more inclined to fold)
      c/f nits

they have A or better MANY times
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      Thaks,
      that's why I hate slowplaying KK, everything might be fcked up if an Ace hits the board. (Or if there's flush/stright draws)
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      It can be perceived as a bluff, a bet in which you dont want action... Granted KK has plenty SD value, but why would you want to bet and make the SD more expensive? Just a chip spew if you're bet folding. I _hope_ you presumed I'm taking this check line against 3 opponents as opposed to fewer.

EDIT:
      NL25, I'm sure you can find better spots, 2nd pair might be SD bound in FL, the way I see it, it's a 4 way pot, you have 2nd pair... Bloating up the pot shouldn't really be on your mind, check behind flop block bet on the turn if it gets checked around, even then it can be a chip spew. You didn't really give too much information about villains / table sizes, but a 4 way pot with 2nd pair isn't really the best of spots to invest $$.
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      against 3 opponents, 110% sure that at least one of them as an Ace! check/fold that damn kings
    • mihninho
      mihninho
      Bronze
      Slowplayng is very risky. I once slowplayed aces and got beaten by a straight, and someone slowplayed kings to me, i had JTo and i beat him with a straight he made the set on river and could not throw his hand away because i raised him. So i never slowplay monsters before the flop. The site teaches you to be aggressive so be!
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      Ok thanks alot,
      and btw- was speaking about NL25 yes (don't remember if I wrote)

Lesson learned. Hopefully I'll save some hips in the future. I usally feel like a jerk folding KK but. Thanks :D