The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $25.00
      UTG: $18.16
      CO: $55.10
      BTN: $16.34
      Hero (SB): $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 2 :diamond: A :heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.00) A :spade: 7 :spade: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.65, BB raises to $5, Hero raises to $24 all in, BB calls $19 all in

Turn: ($50.00) 9 :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($50.00) 3 :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      I hate to say "standard" but i don't really see how you could play that any differently SBvsBB against i assume a random tag without history.

I'm not laying that hand down and i don't like just calling oop. If he has a made flush than good for him.

Plus 3bet shoving looks weaker, like you could have a naked Ks or something, so he might look you up lighter, especially if you've made stealing his BB a habit.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      It was my 2nd hand on that table.
      What's your shoving range in this spot?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      The less Ax you beat, the less you wanna shove.

Since i don't expect an unknown tag to go broke with much less than TPTK (especially since he probably repops you preflop with AK anyway) unless he has a draw to go with it, i probably wouldn't shove much lighter than A2 here.

If i have a totally different type of hand like a lone Ks it's a different problem, I'm probably going with it because i still have equity no matter what he has and i don't want to just give it up on my first steal attempt, it would lead to an awkward metagame from then on. With a lower spade it's dicey, because i might be drawing dead already so i probably wouldn't risk it.

His raise size is somewhat weird tho, i wouldn't be surprised to see him with a draw there also trying to play back cheap. Either that or you're drawing to 4 outs :D I'm not good enough to lay down A2 against an unknown here either way, i assumed he was a tag because of his stack but for all i know he's going nuts defending his BB with A5s.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Yep, this hand is pretty much the top of your range, so there is no way folding it at the flop.
      Since you're OOP i don' like calling, and your opponent could still be bluffraising, so a 3bet is fine, i actually like the push even though it's an overbet, as tamairlarace said it makes yor hand look weaker and so maybe he'lllook you up with a weak TP.