This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 A2o SB steal

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Party Poker $25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 164482
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $25.00
      UTG: $18.16
      CO: $55.10
      BTN: $16.34
      Hero (SB): $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 2 :diamond: A :heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.00) A :spade: 7 :spade: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.65, BB raises to $5, Hero raises to $24 all in, BB calls $19 all in

Turn: ($50.00) 9 :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($50.00) 3 :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      I hate to say "standard" but i don't really see how you could play that any differently SBvsBB against i assume a random tag without history.

I'm not laying that hand down and i don't like just calling oop. If he has a made flush than good for him.

Plus 3bet shoving looks weaker, like you could have a naked Ks or something, so he might look you up lighter, especially if you've made stealing his BB a habit.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      It was my 2nd hand on that table.
      What's your shoving range in this spot?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      The less Ax you beat, the less you wanna shove.

Since i don't expect an unknown tag to go broke with much less than TPTK (especially since he probably repops you preflop with AK anyway) unless he has a draw to go with it, i probably wouldn't shove much lighter than A2 here.

If i have a totally different type of hand like a lone Ks it's a different problem, I'm probably going with it because i still have equity no matter what he has and i don't want to just give it up on my first steal attempt, it would lead to an awkward metagame from then on. With a lower spade it's dicey, because i might be drawing dead already so i probably wouldn't risk it.

His raise size is somewhat weird tho, i wouldn't be surprised to see him with a draw there also trying to play back cheap. Either that or you're drawing to 4 outs :D I'm not good enough to lay down A2 against an unknown here either way, i assumed he was a tag because of his stack but for all i know he's going nuts defending his BB with A5s.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Yep, this hand is pretty much the top of your range, so there is no way folding it at the flop.
      Since you're OOP i don' like calling, and your opponent could still be bluffraising, so a 3bet is fine, i actually like the push even though it's an overbet, as tamairlarace said it makes yor hand look weaker and so maybe he'lllook you up with a weak TP.