CO: $18.02
      BTN: $31.66
      SB: $25.00
      BB: $25.00
      Hero (UTG): $29.40
      MP: $18.91

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with Q :spade: Q :club:
      Hero raises to $1, 4 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 5 :diamond: 7 :club: 8 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.75, BB calls $1.75

Turn: ($5.60) 2 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB calls $4

River: ($13.60) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $8.50, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      This is ugly against an unknown.

Against a bad player it's usually simple, either he's bluffing with a busted flush draw or you're toast. These players tend to bet bigger with their busted draws tho. Sometimes they are "valuebetting" TT-JJ because they realized that "hey, we're on the river and i still have an overpair", but i wouldn't count on it.

Against a good player, this doesn't make much sense unless he has either 6x, 99 or 98. I don't see a solid player coldcalling many 6x BB vs UTG unless it's exactly 66, and he could have played his draw aggressively on the flop. 98 is a dubious call both preflop and on the turn. 99 fits even tho the turn call is thin, leading the river smallish is fine as he knows you will often check behind your overpairs on that board and that makes up a big part of your range here.
      If he's really good he might be bluffing you with a weird line and what looks like a value bet, but that also would mean he didn't play his flush draw aggressively on the flop for him to show up with air in that spot.

Overall I'm leaning more towards a value bet from a good player that just rivered you at these stakes, so i think i'm folding. There is a case to be made given the pot odds for looking him up anyway as you don't need to be good there that often, but really i would expect a busted draw to bet bigger and worse made hands to bet almost never no matter who that guy is.
    • maya1984
      As always tamairlarace mentioned everything that had to be said.
      I wouldn't play it any different. nice hand,well played.
    • Kaitz20
      River fold is fine
      you can valuebet bigger on the turn