[NL2-NL10] NL25 - TT in the SB

• zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Hmm.. Looking back at the last 5k hands(I know, I should analyze more often..), and I found this hand that I think I played badly.. But I can't very well muck it after he 3-bets now can I..

So the question is, with the stats and positions(and me playing like 5% of the hands), is this a fold to his PFR minraise? Those minraises are to me like 99% of the time just pure air trying to steal.

What's your thoughts guys? Peace.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,50
      MP2:
      $23,95

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:spade: , T:heart:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0,50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3,00, BB folds, MP2 raises to $5,50, Hero calls $2,50 (All-In).

Flop: ($11,25) 9:club: , 4:heart: , 8:heart:
      Turn: ($11,25) 9:heart:
      River: ($11,25) 3:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $11,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and nines (Ts Th)
      MP2 shows two pairs, aces and nines (As Ac)

MP2 wins with two pairs, aces and nines (As Ac)
  • 4 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      With out any reads on a villain who min-raise you should treat it as two limpres and just raise it up to 6BB which is 1.5$.
      I can assure you that min-raises aren't steals in 99% of times. Sometimes it just bad players betting small with monsters when they think that if they make a standard raise they won't get any action.
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply! =)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey zaplol,

as maya1984 said before, you can treat minraises as 2 limpers on low limits and raise accordingly 6BBs, 3$ is too much in this spot, if you wanted to bet so much it's better to push directly.

And according to strategy, when you raise TT and there is a raise behind you, you have to go broke, so nice hand(except for the raise size as said above).

Btw, do you play with statistics? If you do and if you had more hands on the opponent(for more accuracy) then you can give more respect to his minraises as his PFR is only 4%.

Another thing, please remove the results when you post the hands on the forum, because they are not important for the right play, but can mess up people's perspective on the hand.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Thanks burek, I'll take it in.

I agree with it all anyways so ;P