This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

I should drink more often...IM A NINJA!

• zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      So, I had a little too much gin&tonic and cognac last night.. Couldn't even remember most of the evening/night.

Logged into my stars acc, fearing the worst.. To my astonishment - my eyes sprung open, my mouth watered and it just might be that the ground started to shudder.. IDK! - my BR had skyrocketed!! I dno, I was BE_FUDDLED!(Norman Chad *tm).

BR: $528.05.......................

"Today's performance"
      Win/Loss: $246,90
      BB/100: 52,05
      Hands: 753

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!? No doubt it called for an investigation!

So I jump into my rocking Inspector Gadget cosplay suit modified to the style of a NINJA!(Inspector Ninja Gadget; picture it..) And I eagerly double-clicked on the ELEPHANT icon; by now my hands are shaking and my heart pounding like that of a hamster in a lions cage.

Okay okay enough with the storyline(admit it, it was a LITTLE amusing at least)..

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $119,70
      BB:
      $179,30
      CO:
      $362,00

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:heart: , 7:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $4,00, BU folds, Hero calls $3,50, BB raises to $16,50, CO calls $12,50, Hero calls $12,50.

Flop: ($49,50) 7:diamond: , 9:heart: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $21,00, Hero calls $21,00, BB folds.

Turn: ($91,50) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($91,50) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $34,00, CO raises to $318,00, Hero calls $48,20 (All-In), CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $255,90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows four of a kind, sevens (7h 7c)
      CO shows two pairs, nines and sevens (Jc 9s)

Hero wins with four of a kind, sevens (7h 7c)

Apparently I flop quads when I'm drunk beyond recognition..

Sickening BRM, and I'm seriously doubting that it's even the slightest +EV to play when you're unconscious.. Is there something like a digital lock I can put on this damn software? Like if I leave home at midnight, I can just click "Lock for X hrs". Would be neat, because the next time this happens, my BR will probably be something like $0,77.

Okay enough ranting, PEACE OUT!
  • 6 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I want to see your chat logs from this session. It probably involves you talking to the dealer saying shit like "yea im durnk lol, what do u meen 15 scndzs left dealr lol"

Anyway, nh.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Mail that suggestion to PokerStars;)

Tonight I also played loaded. I think I was a little bit clearer than you and I stuck to bankroll management. In the beginning I got 3 bad beats and I'm confident they would've been a lot cheaper if I would have been sober, but in the end I still made a quarter buy in profit.
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      I want to see your chat logs from this session. It probably involves you talking to the dealer saying shit like "yea im durnk lol, what do u meen 15 scndzs left dealr lol"

Anyway, nh.
      hahaha! I lol'd! I actually remember making a joke at a table.. It went something like "/yells CAN WE GET A NEW DEALER!? THIS ONE'S COLD!"

I guess I found it hilarious at the time..

luitzen
      Mail that suggestion to PokerStars ;)
      Haha, maybe I will!
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      P.S. I actually really like how this hand is played. Especially the block bet on the river. Well played. :P
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by zaplol
      I'm seriously doubting that it's even the slightest +EV to play when you're unconscious
      I think you might be onto something here.
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      P.S. I actually really like how this hand is played. Especially the block bet on the river. Well played. :P
      What can I say.. Inspector Ninja Gadget!

Originally posted by redskwerl
      I think you might be on to something here..
      Well, we don't know for sure now, do we!

Chronicles of the Ninja will reveal the answer soon enough!