This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 KQo

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $19.42
      SB:
      $28.29
      BB:
      $21.70
      MP2:
      $35.77
      MP3:
      $28.77
      CO(Hero):
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 4, J, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, BU calls $1.60.

Turn: ($5.55) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.96, BU calls $3.96.

River: ($13.47) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $9.60, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13.47.

Is any kind of bet possible on the river here?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Check/folding is good, the board is extremely ugly when you're up against a random calling range preflop+flop.

Against an unknown, even if he seems somewhat bad because he doesn't rebuy to 100bb, i think this would be extremely dicey to go for a small bet/fold on a 4-flush 4-straight board because he easily could have you smoked. Plus given the stack sizes in relation to the pot you would then get very good pot odds to call a shove and yet you would almost never be good in that spot when he raises.

Check/calling would be even worse in my opinion, he will likely check behind with anything that's not a flush, or at the very least a straight, unless he's nuts.

We won't even bother talking about bet/calling i don't think, i can't even imaging a player i would do that against, he would have to be a positively gigantic calling station or a batshit insane floating machine. Certainly not an unknown.

To me : c/f >>>> b/f >>>>>>>> c/c >> b/c
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think no worse hand would call your river bet, Tx might fold, but since board is so drawy, c/f is likely better against unknown who doesn´t make many moves