$32.41
      SB:
      $24.40
      BB:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, 9.
      MP3 raises to $1, CO calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.25) 7, 5, 2 (4 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.25.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Not sure, since it's 4-way pot you need massive fold equity, so their ranges have to be very weak. This is certainly possible on a board that dry, but there are a few concerns still.

MP3 could have something, but not be willing to c-bet into 4 players and risk getting blown off something like a small overpair which might be good but tough to play out of position if he bloats the pot to begin with. That means we will have to fire again on the turn sometimes, but it's ok.

SB is auto-checking to the PFA with all his range, which is rather wide by the way given the pot odds he was getting preflop, and might just raise behind us. It's rather unlikely tho, as he has a lot more whiffed overcards then actual pairs in his range.

On the bright side, CO likely has nothing, plus we do have position and some equity if called with overcards and backdoor draws, so i don't mind the play. We should certainly be looking for good opportunities to steal pots that way.

I usually try to do that in pots with 3 players tho, 4 is probably pushing it unless you know they are straightforward players.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can sometimes 3-bet pf, although call is also fine
      I´d likely would also take stab on the pot, because you have overcards, backdoow flushdraw, but most important, you´re on the bu, so even if get called you can put pressure players on later streets.