Converted at weaktight.com

UTG greedy91 ($25.55)
      UTG+1 PinkPunk7 ($26.84)
      CO ddp86 ($67.12)
      BTN pokerfreak317 ($21.02)
      SB Dreaming 4uvak ($25.00)
      BB Hero ($27.12)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BB T: T:
      2 folds, ddp86 raises to $0.75, pokerfreak317 calls $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: :6d: :7d: :2h: ($2.35, 3 players)
      Hero checks, ddp86 bets $1.50, pokerfreak317 folds, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: :3c: ($5.35, 2 players)
      Hero checks, ddp86 bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25

River: :5c: ($11.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, ddp86 calls $3.50

Final Pot: $18.85
  • 4 replies
    • radyan111
      I don't like the way you've played it.

First, I would consider 3betting preflop - TT is strong enough for me. There's already some dead money in the pot plus you'll have hard time getting his money in even with a set since you're oop.

As played, I would certainly raise him on the flop - you have to protect both against flushdraw and overcards. By calling you don't know where you stand and it gets really tricky on the turn. Raising gets expensive and commits you. Calling makes your river decision even harder than the turn one, no matter what card shows up. This little blockbet seems like a best option there for me.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      I assume he is tight enough against 3bets preflop to make you think that you'll get more value by just letting him bluff his stack off postflop with all his range, even tho you risk a lot of overcards coming, meaning you'll have to make some good guesses on a lot of boards playing out of position. Doubtful.

I'm not convinced it's the best play, it's certainly not the easiest one, i would probably just repop him preflop. Who knows, maybe he calls with trash anyway and bluffs all the same if you check to him postflop, except this time it's a 3bet pot and you might really get his entire stack.

As played postflop, you just called preflop to let him bluff into you so c/calling is fine. I sort of like the idea of your small donkbet on the river, as he didn't really show much confidence with his bets on the flop and on the flop, so i believe there is a decent chance he checks behind 88-99 or picked up small pairs there but calls your donkbet. I see two problems with it tho :

- If you really believe he c-bets and 2nd barrels anything, the majority of his range there is still air that isn't calling even your small donk, so you're probably better off giving him a chance to desperation bluff a third time, unless...

- You think your donkbet is gonna induce some kind of bluff-raise which you plan on calling. Because if you don't, you open yourself up to a nasty decision by doing that against a seemingly very aggro player when he does indeed raise you and you hadn't thought about it beforehand.

Just my opinion anyway.
    • Hackett77
      like the above posts I think just calling preflop is a dangerous line to take.

Even is aggressive players pick up Monsters on the BTN/CO and with just calling you have no idea where you are and could just as easily of been calling down his JJ+.

3bet preflop as this gives you a good idea of where you are, obviously his fold to 3bet is important here.

Assuming he just called the 3bet id put him on Ax or a smaller pair, in that case i'd let him bluff flop, raise turn and bet river
    • Kaitz20
      I`d start out by 3-betting pf and getting all-in against that player.
      on the flop c/r is likely better line or just leading out and then shoving when he decides to raise. (he´d call/raise your lead on the flop with a wide range of hands)
      I think you can c/c river again, don´t see much value leading small on the river