$25.00
      MP2:
      $71.80
      MP3:
      $33.73
      CO(Hero):
      $25.84

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J.
      MP2 raises to $0.5, MP3 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.5, 3 folds, MP2 calls $2.00, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($5.85) 2, T, 9 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.25, Hero raises to $7, MP2 calls $5.75.

Turn: ($19.85) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $18.86, Hero calls $16.34(All-In).

River: ($55.05) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $55.05.
  • 6 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Postflop play doesn't make much sense from our point of view obviously, but that was to be expected considering he's minraising UTG preflop to begin with. No idea what this particular player is minraising tho, could be anything, the usual suspects are KK+, small pairs, suited baby aces and suited connectors depending on the player.

I really hate the 9 pairing on the turn, because the smalldonk/call line from a bad player on the flop is usually one of two things : a draw, or a pair that is not a good top pair. The reasoning being respectively "i have a draw, but i don't want to call a big bet" and "i have something but it's not much, so i bet but i bet small." Which doesn't prevent them from calling a raise afterward anyway, but that's why we love them.

So these players are sort of straightforward and coherent in their very special way, and i just think they are more likely to

- donk/call again or check a draw that missed rather than to open shove the turn.
      - jam a 9 that improved to trips rather than to slowplay it.

That being said he's more likely to have a T than a 9 obviously, the more T he has the more our equity skyrockets, i don't know if he would play a decent T like that tho. On the other hand if he is indeed minraising KK+ preflop and was just trying to induce action postflop, then our equity plummets.

I'd love to have some indication about his level of aggression postflop to make a decision. Anyway, because we raised his donkbet on the flop and put ourselves in this situation, it's very hard to get away from an overpair and i don't think i could fold it, but if he showed me a 9 i would hate myself.

Care to share what he actually had ?
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      He had A5 of hearts.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Good to know, never seen a guy do that without being on some kind of tilt before, gotta update my fish psychology book.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      It's funny playing against fish. We know that they're gonna show up with crap games very often and make ridiculous calldowns and ridiculous plays. But we always have to consider thatif the flop comes 722, he might have hit his FH with 72. They show up with the most unexpected games, lol.

When I'm in these situations, it's always very tempting to fold, because what do we beat here? We have the worst overpair possible. However, we can be pretty sure that villain could show up with something like AT, or KT.
      How many 9's can we find in his range? There are 8 combinations of A9, 8 of K9, 8 of Q9, 4 of J9, 8 of T9, 8 of 89. Would he raise all of these pre-flop? Probably not. Actually I think the only ones he might raise are A9, if suited and J9, T9 and 98 if suited as well. That's the widest 9-containing range I can think of. That said, a 9 is hardly ever a part of his range. Oh yeah, there's 1 combination of 99 as well. So, these suited combinatios + the 99 and let's say 2 combinations of TT as well sum up to 10 combinations. However, there are 12 combinations of AT and 12 combinations of KT. I'm tired of seeing people do that sort of play with these TP kind of hands. I think you can safely call here.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      You have odds to call even if he has a lot more 9x than that after the flop raise, but it never feels good anyway.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you should be ahead on the flop, but when he decides to put you all-in on the turn, then you can likely fold.
      It should be very strange line him to take that with draw or Jx, so a lot of times, I´d expect him to have trips+