This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 99, leave out the cbet?

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($52.02)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($49.83)
      UTG+1 ($9.25)
      Hero ($13.75)
      MP1 ($25.51)
      MP2 ($25)
      MP3 ($14.09)
      CO ($30.57)
      BTN ($15.14)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, fold, CO calls $2, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.75) A:heart: 4:club: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $3, CO calls $3

TURN ($10.75) A:heart: 4:club: 5:diamond: 5:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $4.50, Hero folds

CO wins $10.22

With such a low fold to c-bet, I figure I might save some money leaving out my c-bet in this case because either 1- villain hit the A which should be a good part of his range or 2- He'll call or re-raise with a mid+ PP. As I'm out of position, even if he decides to bluff I"ll have to fold. What do you think?
  • 5 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      This is a pretty tough board for your hand/opponent and I'm not sure what is best here. It depends a lot on his cold-calling range.

Note that villain likes to stab at missed cbets besides not folding versus cbets. Therefore four options:

1) Fire flop and fire turn. Imo if you decide to cbet air versus this guy you have to follow up with second barrel.

2)CrAI on flop .

3)Cbet flop c/rAI turn.

4)c/f flop.

I don't like your line versus such a "floaty" villain. As played I'd have to shove turn (even with doubtful FE).
    • Padde
      Padde
      Bronze
      AHeart 4Club 5Diamond is a perfect board for a cbet.
      The Ace is perfectly in your range.
      thats a must do cbet i think
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I always cbet on an A-High Rainbow. If he has a low fold to cbet this means he will call a lot of hands that we can beat and if he has stats indicating a high float frequency we may even be able to get some more value out of his hands if he likes to bluff these A high boards verus our lack of aggression on later streets. The call of these floats is however very risky.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I like both c/RAI Flop or cbet Flop & C/RAI Turn. Especially the latter since you can balance it.

Checking the Flop makes you exploitable since any AK/AQ/AJ u will cbet and with KK-99 like, you will try to c/RAI so I am leaning towards c-Bet -> c/RAI Turn

- Gerv
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I like both c/RAI Flop or cbet Flop & C/RAI Turn. Especially the latter since you can balance it.

Checking the Flop makes you exploitable since any AK/AQ/AJ u will cbet and with KK-99 like, you will try to c/RAI so I am leaning towards c-Bet -> c/RAI Turn

- Gerv