BTN ($15.14)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, fold, CO calls $2, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.75) A:heart: 4:club: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $3, CO calls $3

TURN ($10.75) A:heart: 4:club: 5:diamond: 5:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $4.50, Hero folds

CO wins $10.22

With such a low fold to c-bet, I figure I might save some money leaving out my c-bet in this case because either 1- villain hit the A which should be a good part of his range or 2- He'll call or re-raise with a mid+ PP. As I'm out of position, even if he decides to bluff I"ll have to fold. What do you think?
  • 5 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      This is a pretty tough board for your hand/opponent and I'm not sure what is best here. It depends a lot on his cold-calling range.

Note that villain likes to stab at missed cbets besides not folding versus cbets. Therefore four options:

1) Fire flop and fire turn. Imo if you decide to cbet air versus this guy you have to follow up with second barrel.

2)CrAI on flop .

3)Cbet flop c/rAI turn.

4)c/f flop.

I don't like your line versus such a "floaty" villain. As played I'd have to shove turn (even with doubtful FE).
    • Padde
      Padde
      Bronze
      AHeart 4Club 5Diamond is a perfect board for a cbet.
      The Ace is perfectly in your range.
      thats a must do cbet i think
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I always cbet on an A-High Rainbow. If he has a low fold to cbet this means he will call a lot of hands that we can beat and if he has stats indicating a high float frequency we may even be able to get some more value out of his hands if he likes to bluff these A high boards verus our lack of aggression on later streets. The call of these floats is however very risky.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I like both c/RAI Flop or cbet Flop & C/RAI Turn. Especially the latter since you can balance it.

Checking the Flop makes you exploitable since any AK/AQ/AJ u will cbet and with KK-99 like, you will try to c/RAI so I am leaning towards c-Bet -> c/RAI Turn

- Gerv
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I like both c/RAI Flop or cbet Flop & C/RAI Turn. Especially the latter since you can balance it.

Checking the Flop makes you exploitable since any AK/AQ/AJ u will cbet and with KK-99 like, you will try to c/RAI so I am leaning towards c-Bet -> c/RAI Turn

- Gerv